marahrubyI will NEVER EVER forget this shoot with @vibevixen shot by the amazing @karlfergusonjr | We shot at the legendary Lenox Lounge in Harlem in March of 2012 before it was sadly closed. The booth I sat in was Billie's usual booth when she used to visit the bar. If she wasn't there to perform or see who was performing, she would rub elbows with other regulars like Langston Hughes, James Baldwin, and Malcolm X. I felt her presence then, and I still feel it now guiding me through my life and any pain I endure. Happy Birthday Billie. I love you and appreciate you.
- vraibleuYes I loved this shoot!
- chantebooneHave you seen I am not your Negro about James Baldwin, yet? I seen at Cal Theater in Berkeley today. Was very interesting. @marahruby
- karlfergusonjr@marahruby That was my very first editorial shoot! So many great experiences and positive energy 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 - (cc: @missjournalism @datwon)
- datwon@marahruby there were two things I knew. 1. After hearing your first project, we needed to shoot you at the Lenox Lounge. 2. The shooter had to be @karlfergusonjr. @missjournalism made it all work and thanks to @asjailou and family for the love at LL...one of my favorite all time shoots.
- kofi_abuThat's almost scary how much you look like her
- rhodesstoryLove this! 📸⭐️
- __dani.elaEverything about this picture is beautiful!
- t.dbl_uY'all do favor 👍🏽
Log in to like or comment.