stevendimmittPistol Squats. I started doing these in lieu of back squats six months ago because I thought they would have more carryover to rock climbing. When I started, 2-reps at bodyweight was very hard for me. Now I do them with a 45# kettlebell. I do pistols once a week, and I've never done more than 10 total reps per leg in a workout. I often do as little as 2-sets of 2-reps per leg. My weight hasn't changed, and my legs haven't gotten any bigger.
Should Pistol Squats be a top priority for rock climbers? Probably not. Do stronger legs help with climbing? Of course they do.
10 minutes a week. I promise you won't be too tired to send your project.
- stevendimmitt@mrndak Yes! Keep after it 👊
- wolfdog_lukaAw cool
- shane98270Pretty sweet
- stevendimmitt@cribbnwelp Right on that's so good to hear coming from you!
- pnoges👊🏼very good !!
- takeshiianNice man!
- stevendimmitt@pnoges @takeshiian thanks guys!
- r.kennaWhat gym is this?
- nug_muncherHiking up the hill out of Smith every day does it for me
- firstname.lastname@example.org Snap Fitness Butler Market location.
- harry_tfnlSolid work 👌
- essjeypeaYou're totally going to crush at the brown paper bag game next thanksgiving...
- stevendimmitt@essjeypea hahaha my secret motive 😉
- tinyeinnittThat looks miserable! It doesn't look like it should actually be possible. I'm very impressed :-)
- stevendimmitt@tinyeinnitt Coming from you?? I bet you could do them. It's just like a one-leg water ski start 😉
- chossodysseyAbility to do at least one pistol squat is a crucial climbing skill IMO. I have the tiniest chicken legs and I can do them, so they're definitely not a gainer. Huge balance/muscle control component, like one-arms.
- stevendimmitt@chossodyssey Yeah man, totally agree
- tiff_exploresPistols kill me! Ahh!
Log in to like or comment.