euphorianutritionApril happens to be #IBSawarenessmonth. You have probably heard about IBS before, or maybe you even suffer from it yourself. If you do, you know it's super crappy (no pun intended). *
A less known fact about me is that I personally suffer from IBS. It's taken a lot of time to realise what my personal triggers are, and more recently I was able to fine tune exactly what causes me distress💃🏻.
That brings me to FODMAPs - have you have ever heard of them before? FODMAP stands for Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharides And Polyols. It's totally a super long complex name. Basically FODMAPs are foods high in specific carbohydrates: lactose, fructose, galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS), fructans, sorbitol, and mannitol.
Some people with IBS respond negatively to one or more of the above carbohydrates. In fact, 75% of people who have undergone a low FODMAP diet have found success with their IBS symptoms when one or more of these categories are limited.
If you have IBS and are looking to rid your symptoms - check out my newest blog post for a book review on Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach by @daniellecapalino . In simple terms, this book walks you through how to do your own low FODMAP diet, and even includes recipes and meal plans. Pictured above - I adapted one her low FODMAP recipes to create this delicious Raspberry Blueberry Chia Jam. Overall I highly recommend this book for anyone that has IBS (or thinks they may have), in order to rid their symptoms once and for all🙏🏻.
- abbeyskitchenNow THIS is a spread
- jennifervagiosWow looks awesome. I too was an IBS sufferer....yay for healing!
- drjmbrdI've wanted to try chia jam!
- bytesizednutritionright there with ya girl 🙋🏼
- nutritiontwinsThat's awesome that you got yours under control! Such a great example and inspiration! XOXO
- halsanutritionLooks delish! I definitely need to read that book.
- amydgorinSuch an informative post! Thanks for sharing 💕
- jessicaspirordWow what a great post. And I'm so glad to hear you've found what's worked for you. It is not an easy condition to treat!
- foodpleasurehealthI can't wait to read more.
- nutritiouseatsGreat information! 👍🏼
- shaunalinGreat 👍
- mandyenrightrdYes!! Such a great topic!
- euphorianutritionThanks hun 😘 @ali_ventures
- euphorianutrition@alanaknoll it's really good! Super easy to follow and undergo your own elimination diet to determine the culprit 👌🏻
- euphorianutritionThanks so much! It was amazing and easy! @tastybalance @emily_the_rd @abbeyskitchen @drjmbrd
- euphorianutritionYaaaaa glad you found some healing too! 🙌🏻 @jennifervagios
- euphorianutritionThanks so much!! ☺️ @ljhordal
- euphorianutritionIt is such an amazing book and super simple yet explanatory 👌🏻 @halsanutrition
- euphorianutrition@jessicaspirord thanks so much! And not at all! It can be super tough, especially with all of the different triggers (and not always food related!)
- rdeliciouskitchenibs is so tricky bc it's so personalized to that person
Log in to like or comment.