alongdustyroadsThis is the ferris wheel in Pripyat. Back in 1986, this town was home to just under 50,000 people, many of whom worked at the nearby Chernobyl Nuclear Plant. After the reactor explosion, they were given two hours to collect what they could and leave. Most would never return to the place they called home.
The ferris wheel was due to be open to the public the following weekend. It still stands there, 31 years later, awaiting its first customer.
Read about our Chernobyl experience via the link in our bio.
#chernobyl #pripyat #ukraine #ukrainegram #ukrainegrams #ukraine🇺🇦 #chernobyltour #planetchernobyl #ukraine_vsco #mytinyatlas #ferriswheel #yellow #seetheworld #soviet #sovietunion #keepexploring #instatravel #vscotravel #blogger #travelblogger #1986 #abandoned #abandonedplaces #ferris #exploreeverything #visitukraine
- fellowvagabondsI absolutely love your account and blog!!
- wayfare.westOh wow. Chernobyl would be such an interesting place to visit! Definitely going to check out your blog post. x
- alongdustyroads@leodomingox thanks
- alongdustyroads@erfilipink thanks
- alongdustyroads@fellowvagabonds thanks very much - so happy to read that 😊😊
- firstname.lastname@example.org please do! It really was enlightening - understanding the circumstances and effect of the disaster but also observing the Soviet Union frozen in time - highly recommended
- thecommonwandererTo visit here must be an incredible experience? Loving these photos
- inspiringbicyclesBeautiful feed @alongdustyroads
- alongdustyroads@thecommonwanderer a very surreal experience but so historically vital! And Kiev is a nice city for a couple of days exploration.
- alongdustyroads@inspiringbicycles thank you very much!
- wanderer.journalI love this pic
- email@example.com so great to hear! 😁
- nico_ostrogovichNice Pic!
- alongdustyroads@nico_ostrogovich cheers!
- nerdventuristsFrozen in time..
- thekjglobeHey!! I'm doing a world trip and don't know where else to go!! Where do you recommend??? 😁😁
- weareoutoftheofficePretty sad... but beautiful picture, even more beautiful when you know the story. 👍👍👍
- picturesandwordsblogThis is awesome!
Log in to like or comment.