- goodcoffeepdxBE GOOD :: Tomorrow we’ll be discounting all filter coffees by 20% in participation with something called #20PercentCounts and here's why:
This is Angela. Angela is a senior in high school and a resident of Portland, OR. Next year Angela will head off to University. Her future is bright. The road ahead, however won’t be easy. Angela will continue to face what is true for every woman in America - an unequal playing field when it comes to pay and opportunity. ‘Unequal’ has become a dirty word in our culture, and for good reason. There are lots of folks more intelligent than us who could explain this issue (and many other issues dealing with inequality) better. For us, the call is simple. We believe all human beings have equal value and thus should be treated accordingly. .
As a sophomore Angela co-founded the Portland chapter for an organization called @leaninorg . This year as a way to raise awareness and push continued change around the issue of equal pay for women, Angela asked us to stand with other businesses around the country to get people talking about this issue. The main statistic here is that women on average are paid 20% less than men. If you break the pay gap down by race and ethnicity it gets even worse.
Tomorrow if you buy filter coffee at either of our stores you’ll be keeping 20% of the normal price as a statement that 20% does count. More than putting money in your pocket though, we want to (with Angela) play a small part in putting a conversation on the lips of many. When we push for change on this issue (and many other issues like it) we are fighting for each other… which in the end is the only thing worth fighting for. .
- missie_sanWhat a girl boss ✨
- point_gym_kitchenThis is awesome! Way to go Angela and @goodcoffeepdx for supporting.
- word.holmes👏🏻👏🏼👏🏽👏🏾👏🏿 @wickeddonna
- chascall86Bags of beans 20% off @goodcoffeepdx?
- iloveyourainbowThank you Angela @leaninorg and @goodcoffeepdx for this! We need more people in the world making a difference and fighting for #good change! 🙌❤🙏