thetamburarunnerRyan has been very vocal that he is running this race for Bob. The last marathon they ran together, Bob planned to run Boston 2017 with Ryan. While we lost Bob last year, we talk all the time about how we constantly see Bob when we are running. And we get excited but then remember that he's no longer with us. Yesterday I told Ryan, "I know you are running this race for Bob but don't think about it until after the race because you will cry." Ryan responded "I think about Bob on all my runs and I see him on my runs. I've cried before while running, it won't slow me down"
It was a very warm day in Boston today, the sun was relentless with almost no shade on the course. Nevertheless, Ryan gave it his all and when it got tough he called on Bob to help him get through. While Ryan may not have ran a PR or the race he trained for, he is still happy with his time. He will still be running for Bob and I am one proud wife!
- thetamburarunner#bostonmarathon #initforthelongrun #runtheland #healthsourcehomies #runwithbob #runforbob #;
- running_onhappySo much love to you guys. Congrats to @ryanmccartney! 💙💛
- irishrunnercleGreat Job, Ryan! Way to fight the elements (again!) and come out on top... one of these years will be 50* and overcast for ya!
- pavmp223AMAZING! You both are such awesome people. CONGRATS @ryanmccartney an yet another incredible performance! 😀
- princesslindseeyyThis post makes me so happy 💙💛💙💛
- doctor_aimeepolgYay!!!! 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽congrats!
- mileagemamaThank you for sharing your pictures and videos! So awesome to live vicariously through your posts. Congrats to @ryanmccartney! 🍺
- runnerkgYou are inspiring @ryanmccartney! You handled the heat better than most - I was tracking you and tried to find you at 16.5 but missed you. Great work in tough conditions, hope you and @thetamburarunner can celebrate now!
- suzimomYou are a good team! I love how you celebrate that daily!
Log in to like or comment.