gofitjoYou are a multifaceted diamond. You shine under all the different lights of life. The clarity you bring into this world is because of the flaws, inclusions, and imperfections that make you whole. No one can be like you because you were created by the experiences that cut and mold you into the person you are today. And just like a diamond you were made under pressure.
My biggest challenge is owning it! I think there is always this little voice inside me that questions the opportunities that happen in my life. That voice feels and sounds a little like imposter syndrome, a concept describing high-achieving individuals who are marked by an inability to internalize their accomplishments. Some days I wonder if it's that Filipino culture I was raised in and taught to be overly humble. This morning's workout had me walking out of the gym in tears, not the sweat kind, but the kind that releases from somewhere deep in your gut. I was talking to a trainer about my shoulder injury and our conversation reminded me about my intention for this fitness journey, which was "I want to be the healthiest and happiest version of myself in my 30s." And for me this meant all areas in my life: career, motherhood, marriage, finances, and every little thing that I do. Health is more than just two dimensions, eating and exercise. It touches all parts of your life.
Like my last post says, I'm just wingin it y'all. I don't have it all figured out, but damn that's the beauty of it. We learn, we grow, and we shape our lives to become the most beautiful experience we have. OWN IT! Own the messiness, the raw, the beautiful, and the reality that you are simply learning to love the life you live. Just like love it won't be perfect and pretty all the time, but it's yours let it fucken shine! #relentlesslybeautifullife
- the.original.phoenixThis is honestly the most inspiring thing I've read today
- gofitjo@justdimpleit and the moment I read your comment I thought, "really you think?" Ugh see still a work in progress.
- iwantyourlookNo one has it all figured out but you're beautiful and strong and good things will keep coming your way. Believe you deserve them and they will keep coming 😘
- gofitjo@burpees4mommy thanks mama! Us ladies are trying to sort out a sweat session and date ill keep you posted. Have you met @poosekat yet?
- burpees4mommy@gofitjo yes please keep me posted!! I haven't met her IRL yet so I would absolutely love to meet @poosekat and you for a sweat session soon! Thanks sooo much for thinking of me!
- jsimmenschuhbellHoly hell I needed this! I love your outlook so much♡
- mindymoveitPretty pretty pretty 😍
- runner_redeemedYour tat! 😍😍😍
- fit.and.witBeautifully written 💕
- munfung.unrefinedI feel like I was taught the same as a part of Chinese culture. So hard to fight when it's been internalized your whole life. Miss you!
- gofitjo@mindymoveit thanks Mindy!
- firstname.lastname@example.org thanks my dear! Hope all is amazing!
- _kvfitLove this 💕
- helloburpeesYou are so gorgeous!
- lmlopez530Wow.. makes so much sense!
- lmlopez530People see me as "strong" in body and mind. But deep down inside i have my own vulnerabilities and insecurities.. Almost like I'm afraid of my own shadow sometimes. I am a survivor of 28 years of emotional and psychological abusiveness..I am a work in progress and some days are harder than others. But I do focus on the beautiful life I have now been given..And I share with you the journey of health and happiness in all aspects in this new life...After 6 years I am still "unlearning" things and trying to stay focused on my blessings.. Life is beautiful 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
- alicerochifitI just love you completely.
- heygirlheyyyyI am reading "Playing Big: Practical Wisdom for Women Who Want to Speak Up, Create, and Lead" by Tara Mohr -- it is on my coach's reading list for me. It talks about this voice in the first chapter. I think you'd enjoy it a great deal! 💕❤️📖
- ggawlerLove it
- frecklesinmymindsuch a beautiful beautiful message. and the picture..so stunning 😍
Log in to like or comment.