jenniferperilloApple Strawberry Cardamom Pie was a hit. It rarely happens that all three of us love, I mean really head over heels love, the same thing. This was especially surprising because I didn't put as much sugar in the filling, and I was convinced they wouldn't like the cardamom. It's almost like that Seinfeld episode where George realized doing everything opposite was the key...perhaps I'm on to something.
- cheeseman1712Bizarro pie! 😍😂
- lcastlozoThis one looks especially beautiful!
- maurahernandezThat pie looks divine! 👀🍎🍓 Is the cardamom subtle? I love cardamom but I just don't use it all that often.
- jenniferperillo@maurahernandez quite subtle...only 1/8 teaspoon. We all have very sensitive palates; and pick up even the slightest of flavors. A more resistant palate might need 1/4 teaspoon...
- maurahernandez@jenniferperillo my husband is that sensitive with cloves which is why he also doesn't care much for cardamom. Something must be very similar in the flavor profile for his palate. He can't really distinguish the difference between the two spices. And I wouldn't necessarily have thought to pair cardamom with strawberries but it looks so good I might just have to bake a pie now!
Log in to like or comment.