- jasminelholmesToday's small joy: my engagement ring fits again. The set survived pregnancy swelling, but grew uncomfortably tight postpartum. The morning I finally took it off, I wept bitter tears over my swollen fingers, my too-tight shirts, and my stretched out shoes. I picked my head up, ordered a tungsten stand-in, and put it out of my mind. Four months later, I tried it in just to see... and it fit. No exercise besides walking a teething toddler around town -no dieting except trying to keep my calories up so I can finish this nursing journey strong. Just time. Time, which is always both the simplest and hardest answer. And the ring fits now better than it did before I got pregnant. And I've got new shirts and new shoes. And a baby boy who makes this new body oh-so-worth it. I love this little sapphire thing, and the boys who make my family. #pbabyandj
- thefelicitycollectiveAmen 💗
- quina_aragonHooray! I couldn't wear mine for a whole year 😩
- racheljaybirdMy wedding ring also fits again! Been able to wear it for several months now. My baby girl is over a year and a half. No dieting or exercise, as if taking care of a toddler isn't exercise enough. 😜New shoes and new clothes here too! Life is beautiful and I am so blessed to be a mama.
- smiley_millerI love this post so much. I know these feels. 💜
- thatsageblogUgh, I long for the day my rings fit again!
- blakisbeautiLove this!! I kept trying to squeeze into my ring postpartum and my husband so kindly told me to stop putting fingers through that torture!! LOL I finally decided to just take it and get it resized. Three months postpartum, I'm proudly wearing my wedding ring, one size larger☺️.