meredithtestedJust me, in my natural habitat, refilling my spice jar while wearing my babe. Am I just a weirdo? Am I a hippy? Am I a "crunchy"/alternative mom? I don't know. Sometimes those labels feel derogatory and limiting. And I know to some people they feel empowering. The truth is I just feel like a modern mama trying to live my best life. 💁🏼🌿Shopping this way - with reducing and avoiding new packaging in mind - is second nature now. This stealthy photo was taken by my husband - I'm so grateful he is totally on board with this lifestyle and has developed these habits too. We're not perfect and the road here wasn't straight, but we'll never go back to our old way of shopping again. p.s. I have a Sharpie in my hand for labeling the tare weight and bin # on my spice jar. ☺#zerowastehome #zerowastelifestyle #zerowastefamily #ecofriendly #buyinbulk
- meredithtested@bakingacake Yes I definitely understand! Stay tuned - i'm working on a series and collaboration with some other zero waste bloggers this summer about how to shop at lots of different kinds of stores and reduce waste.
- meredithtested@organickatie love that!!
- meredithtested@jessm00re Nice to meet you! So glad you commented. I'll definitely keep you posted about a couple upcoming events I'm organizing! ☺
- trishabobisha34I feel the same way about labels! :)
- jessm00reYes definitely do! :)
- moonlightmaggieeeeYour doing an amazing job! It's never a straight road but the act and the intentions that's what matters! Well done Mere dithering! 👍👌😊😉
- carolinesdreamvtYou are simply doing your best, every darn day!
- _mrsg0311_Well said.. love it.. so we have a bulk store but they won't weight my jars first to minus the weight. And they use plastic bag to place everything in, which I thinks is crazy.. I mean they should have a paper option.. what other alternative do you suggest we can use to bring to the store? Like for rice, cereal etc stuff that needs to be zipped or covered all the way so it doesn't spill?
- malisalieserplanning@meredithtested is this at a co-op? I'd love to get into this more!
- avfallsfriYou are a modern mom! ⭐️👍
- meredithtested@moonlightmaggieeee Thanks! And i love that autocorrect - dithering 😂👍🏼
- meredithtested@carolinesdreamvt Thanks friend!!
- meredithtested@_mrsg0311_ We use cloth draw string bags to buy most of our bulk items that aren't liquids. The bag does have a weight but it's usually really small and sometimes doesn't even register as a weight at all on the scale. That might be a good option for you!
- meredithtested@malisalieserplanning This is at a natural foods store -- @healthylivingvt. But we can buy things in bulk/not in packaging at some "conventional" stores in our area too! Check out the "Bulk App" on zerowastehome.com to search for stores in your area with loose/bulk bins! ☺
- meredithtested@avfallsfri ☺🤓💕
- blsimmonMy stepmom always calls me her "Dirty Little Hippie" I find it endearing and sweet. 😊
- meredithtested@blsimmon Hehe aww! Yeah I totally get how these kinds of "labels" can be positive in the right context ☺💕
- meredithtested@learnlittlemuslims Thanks! ☺
Log in to like or comment.