kimcashtateHaving a moment as I sort and sift YEARS of homeschooling material. Can't believe a 15-year journey is coming to an end! WILL NOT part with this binder full of laminated scripture we memorized. I still remember acting out Proverbs 1 with my kids as grade schoolers as we said the verses, and being in awe of God as we recited Isaiah 40. And though I'm parting with tons of books, can't bring myself to part with much of the English, Latin, and Greek materials. Do I love language and words? Oh, yeah! 😉 #homeschooling #seasons #cherishedmemories
- cateyesmdWhat an amazing accomplishment and joy in knowing you educated your own children! Congratulations!!
- kivasladeThat's beautiful!! For some reason, I had you hanging out one more year in the trenches. 😉 I can't imagine what I'll go through in three years....for now I can at least share your photo as justification for some of the stuff I've kept. 😂
- kimcashtate@cateyesmd high school years have been more online classes than mom, but definitely thankful for God's faithfulness. What a journey!
- kimcashtate@kivaslade ha....if you could see ALL the stuff. This is a minuscule sample. 😂 I might seriously need an intervention. 🤣
- elizabethbyleryountsI didn't realize you HS'd! We HS also and just love it!
- elizabethbyleryountsAnd we HS classically also!
- ashababyoHow can a person learn about homeschooling? How to begin? Etc. I am also interested in where you found or how you acquired your language info? You should photo copy and sell! Lol @kimcashtate
- kivaslade@kimcashtate 😂😂 girl...my mom tries to go through the book shelves saying I think you can get rid of some of these books. I'm like naw, "we" loved that as a read aloud. If you find a "self-help" group, let me know. 😉
- kimcashtate@elizabethbyleryounts I love that we have that in common! I really enjoyed classical HS'ing for myself! 😊
- kimcashtate@ashababyo there's SO much that I couldn't begin to go into, but there's a ton of info online. Also each state's laws differ. But if you google you'll find a whole HS universe. Lol
- kimcashtate@kivaslade yes! Just this week I asked my daughter if she remembered "Frog and Toad" as one of the first books she read when she was about 4. She didn't. Yet I was thinking, but "we" loved that book! 😂
- coach.bltOh, wow, Kim. 15 years! I am so thankful for your "pioneering" spirit! I am pretty sure that we would not be homeschooling if you all had not first blazed the trail...We are currently memorizing the Full Armor of God, but I will have to put Isaiah 40 down as the next scripture passage for memorization.
- email@example.com love that you're memorizing the Full Armor of God! So much richness. I remember those long ago conversations about venturing down the homeschool road. It's amazing to look back and see what God has done....and continues to do!
Log in to like or comment.