taracarrfitnessHappy Sunday Ya’ll!⠀
For my local ladies, I hope you are staying safe in this weather!⠀
Since many of you might be having a nice home cooked meal today, I am sharing with you a yummy recipe that the whole family is sure to love!⠀
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Chili, yumm! ⠀
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders ⠀
1 large onion, peeled and chopped ⠀
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped ⠀
1 cup chopped celery ⠀
4 garlic cloves, minced ⠀
2 tablespoons olive oil ⠀
24 ounces jarred roasted red peppers in juices ⠀
30 ounces red kidney beans, drained ⠀
3 tablespoons chili powder ⠀
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin ⠀
2 1/2 teaspoons sea salt ⠀
2 cups chicken broth ⠀
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, chopped onions, peppers, ⠀
celery, and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes to soften. ⠀
Pour the sautéed veggies and the drained kidney beans in a large slow cooker. Place the chicken over the top, then sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, and salt in the slow cooker. ⠀
Pour the jarred roasted red peppers and their juices in a blender. Puree⠀
until very smooth. Pour the pureed red pepper and chicken broth in the slow cooker. ⠀
Cover and turn on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours. ⠀
When the chicken is cooked through. Remove it with tongs, and shred the chicken ⠀
with a fork. Stir the shredded chicken back into the crockpot. Serve warm! ✨
- ohmytyluhOmg looks amazing
- fitforwardmomYum, I'm totally going to make this! Red peppers add such a great sweetness to recipes!
- amodernjourneyHappy Sunday! love chili, will have to print this recipe.
- annabel_lottThat looks like dinner tonight! Thank you for the inspiration. X
- theweisonesI love your recipes. I need to try this one too.
- ms_emmacarreraThank you for this recipe - sounds DELISH ! Happy Sunday to you too x 🙏🏼
- loma_gigiThat looks delish; love the toppings! 👅
- mintelephantteeGotta love Texas weather 😜 looks great! I'll have to put this on my dinner list soon.
- katrina.sheonaThis sounds delicious can't wait to try this out!!
- bluelotus_mindOmg this looks amazing! I'll have to make it this weekend!
- taracarrfitness@pinkpunkactive just take it easy on the chili powder and you should be good to go!
- taracarrfitness@fitforwardmom agreed!
- taracarrfitness@annabel_lott yay!
- taracarrfitness@theweisones thank you! Let me know how you enjoy this one 😘
- taracarrfitness@bluelotus_mind do It girl! 🙌🏽
- thewanderingdarlingsLooks tasty! Will need to give it a try
- 369gabeGonna try this out thanks!
- mandelinnaturalsHmm sounds yummy! I'm going to have to give this one a try 🙌🏼
- urbanspringpilatesI made it for dinner and it turned out great! I am@not the best cook at all. But this one is easy!
- itskatparkerLooks yummy
Log in to like or comment.