biblionatic✨LIVE SHOW: DIY HP-style potion bottles✨
In approximately 12 hours (10AM Monday, GMT+8, aka Sunday night for most of you guys) I’ll be doing a live show in which I will DIY a potion bottle! Swipe to see how my trial run turned out today. I’m personally quite happy with the bottle I made tonight and am very excited to make more!
If you want to join in and make bottles with me, here’s what you will need:
✨a glass bottle, preferably one with edges as opposed to a cylindrical one.
✨a potion label, either printed or hand drawn—whichever you prefer.
✨brown and black paint + something to mix colors / hold paint in. (I use brown acrylic + black ink)
✨a small paintbrush.
✨an used toothbrush.
✨a rag or cloth.
✨some newspaper or etc so your desk will remain clean.
Some other stuff:
- At the moment I will not be filling the bottles with anything, so there’s no need to worry about that. I intend to buy some fake bugs and other weird stuff in the future.
- The entire process takes half an hour to an hour.
- Most of what I’m doing is based on ‘how to distress old bottles’ by The KimSix Fix. That site also has free potion labels available for download.
- If you want to join in but haven’t time, just comment and say what time DOES work for you and if there’s a consensus I’ll change the time.
Question for you: Do you like to do artsy stuff, such as DIY or sketching or making friendship bracelets?
I do (or did) all three of those! I also used to love making elaborate birthday cards for my friends, but don’t have the time to do that now!
#aprilbookstagram - middle grade.
#bookishpotter17 - house pride (potions is strongly affiliated with slytherin, yeah?)
#thehamiltonedition - “talk less, smile more” (happy books)
- shotmeinthebookI've always wanted to try candle making and simple bookmark making!!
- thebooknirvanaThey are so neat! I love DIY projects, but I rarely have the time!
- syifareadsDang it I think youre gonna go live when I'm doing a practical exam😂😂😂
- biblionatic@syifareads Oh shit when does your exam end?😂😂
- syifareadsAround 3 hours from now😂
- wilma.booksThat is so pretty!! 😍😍 I like DIY! ^^
- firstname.lastname@example.org oops i don't think i saw you but it's good you got in a bit more sleep :-)
- biblionatic@starlight_books aww thank you so much! <3<3
- biblionatic@tbrinthestars aw i get what you mean about the pressure of wanting diy stuff to turn out good! but everything takes practice and you don't have to show first attempts to other people :-)
- biblionatic@a_bookworm_and_her_books It's also super fun! And fast! one bottle takes around half an hour. but yeah you already have a lot of stuff on your hands and enough DIY to last you for a long while!
- email@example.com I'm so sorry Esther!!! Next time I'll try for a better time for a live show <3
- biblionatic@bookish_mai well you are very good at photography so I would say that makes up for any lack in DIY skills!
- biblionatic@bookosaurus_rex it's really easy and doesn't cost much money, too!!!
- biblionatic@shotmeinthebook hahaha it's actually pretty easy and doesn't take up much time! you can try it sometime :-) both of those sound so cool but idk i've tried doing bookmarks and they always turn out weird lol
- biblionatic@thebooknirvana with a kid to look after, I'm not surprised!! but the potion bottles are surprisingly fast and easy, so maybe you can try it out one night when the little one decides to go to bed early!
- biblionatic@syifareads sorry about that, Syifa!!! I'll try to pick a better time next time round!
- firstname.lastname@example.org thank you so much!!! DIY is really fun and relaxing, isn't it?
- tbrinthestarsYeah that's true
- faeofnightcourtI used to make scrap books/photo album for my friends for their birthday! And writing down wishes from other friends and sticking and drawing in it but yeap now I ain't got time anymore 😭😭 I miss those days where I was creative and free enough to do them 😂😂
- biblionatic@faeofnightcourt oooh that's so nice! I bet your friends really loved that :-) Same here! I miss when I could take time and do creative things or just celebrate more of my friends' birthdays!
Log in to like or comment.