lagustaslusciousThis weirdo polenta bar we made a few years ago is summery but we're making it now in celebration of spring. Don't overthink it! For once. Corn caramel! Is sweet and fresh and there's so much corn it looks just like polenta when we're making it, and it has the same creaminess and richness as a soft buttery polenta you'd make to accompany a mushroom ragoût or tomato sauce.
The top layer is made from white chocolate cashew gianduja (or whatever)—homemade white chocolate, cashews, a little sugar, ground together overnight until supremely smooth and creamy. It's studded with homemade honeycomb candy made with local maple syrup instead of honey. Then the entire bar is enrobed in bittersweet dark chocolate. Online now!
Happy spring, corn caramel lovers of the world!
- jaeandmaxThis is seriously everything I have ever wanted
- voltairine13I like how the decoration looks like corn silk.
- kirbystirland@gtlester @erincaul 🌽
- gravesmeredithi need it
- wolf_mama_YESSSSSS! ❤️😍❤️❤️😍
- popcultureimpostersmackin my lips in anticipation of snackin on this
- miss_a_rissYessssss! You have released my two favorite things back to back! 😍
- bbqmorganI love all your confectionary bios
- behindamberandchocolateWhat is honeycomb? Sorry, never heard of it here in Germany :)
- littlelichenI am so there.
- lagustasluscious@voltairine13 did you know that corn silk are Fallopian tubes??! I just learned this.
- lagustasluscious@behindamberandchocolate it's like an aerated toffee, you might know it as sponge toffee. :) nice to meet you!
- voltairine13@lagustasluscious Whoa! That's cool. Related factoid: there's one silk strand for every kernel on a cob of corn. 💛
Log in to like or comment.