taracarrfitnessIf you know me, you know that I do not like cardio. I am very public about this. I do not try to hide the fact that I'd rather walk across burning coals than run 2 miles. Not because I think walking across burning coals would hurt less. But because the pain would be short and sweet and then I could get on with the things I enjoy. Like weight lifting.⠀
Along time ago, a wise coach told me that my resistance to cardio was multiplied in my head and I was making it much worse on myself by even thinking that I didn't like it. That all I had to do was smile through it. Like a cheesy smile and get it done.⠀
While doing my HIIT, which I'll share with you guys so you can give it a shot, I was at a point where I could feel the struggle bus coming. Heart pounding and feeling queasy. I recognized the thoughts coming that will ruin you and your workout. And just as fast as I recognized the oncoming thoughts I smiled big and started the next round. Boom. Negativity banished and the rest of my workout was smooth sailing.⠀
I finished up, for some water, and went to grab my stuff to leave. As I was walking out an older man asked "how was your workout?" I said, "oh it was tough. Wasn't sure I was gonna finish that one." To which he replied. "Really?" "Coulda fooled me. Never seen anyone smile like that through an intense workout!"⠀
And I know that to look the way I want, It does require 1-2 days of high intensity cardioish workouts. Do I love them. Eh. It's debatable. But it doesn't matter. I'm outcome focused.⠀
That's it. That's the golden ticket. Never let negativity, even your own, take you off your path. Deter you from the outcome you want. Never let anyone see you break or falter. Grit your teeth and get it done. Or. put on the biggest smile you can muster and do what you gotta do.⠀
This doesn't just apply to fitness y'all. This is everyday shit. Wanna make changes to your life, to your body, to your situation. It starts with what your willing to do to make it happen.⠀
Have an amazing day friends. And remember if something creeps in your space and makes you wanna throw your hands up and say fuck it. Just smile. And do what you know you have to. It works. 💪🏽
- ohmytyluhYes! I love this have a great day!
- lillianlauraaso inspiring!! thank you 💛
- mandelinnaturalsVery inspiring and so true. Keep on smiling 😊
- ms_emmacarreraSuch wise words - love this!! 😁😘🙏🏼
- purepilatesstyle💗💗 #preachsista
- annabel_lottCompletely agree, smile at a stranger as you walk down the street, how good does it feel when they smile back...image how good it made them feel, you smiling first.
- bluelotus_mindA lesson everyone needs to learn! Perception is everything and happiness is a choice!
- taracarrfitnessThanks for all the feedback! You guys are the best 🙌🏽❤️
- pinkpunkactiveThis is perfectly written! Thanks for posting this, needed it today!
- thewanderingdarlingsYeah it does! Everyone needs to remember this
- urbanspringpilatesI also don't like cardio at all. But do it with that cheesy smile. Sometimes😬
- katrina.sheonaTotally agree with you in this post!! 👏👏
- loma_gigiYour reaction to adversity is so important! 👌
- 369gabeYes I hate cardio too!
- itskatparkerSo true
Log in to like or comment.