- thestressscientistTime to expand on my business card spam. Recently I was chatting with Dr #McSingleCell @mcwhit2 who kindly brought to my attention that I don't have cards. I've changed jobs a couple of times since my phd and hadn't updated as I felt I didn't have a permanent affiliation to use. Finally I realised it's not necessary. I am my own brand, and I don't need to an affiliation to have my personal details conveniently written on a handy piece of cardboard 👏🏽 I'm headed to some conferences in the next few months as well as venturing out on some scientific communication and business ventures. It was time to print me some personal business cards. I designed these to be simple: what people mainly want from your business card is your name and email address. I added the QR code for my LinkedIn page as a little quirk, a symbol of new generation thinking and to include an image to match the simple design. Topped off with luxe cardboard and red edges. No matter what stage of your career you're at, business cards are worthwhile. They're not pretentious or silly, they serve a purpose. To communicate who you are, for people to remember you and to be able to contact you in the future. I left mine blank on the back so I can write notes about how we met and what we are going to communicate/share in the future. Get yours @moo http://moo.com #forscience #neuroscience #molecularbiology #discoverer #lifeofascientist #businesscarddesign #bossbabe
- s.tr.noVery nice result and minimal design. I just wonder why you prefer to share a link to linkedin rather than you own blog or some other "more scientific" profiles like research gate or academia.edu
- email@example.com thanks! I chose LinkedIn because it's basically my CV online, with links to everything else that is important, including my blog, media, social media accounts and publications.
- drrauldmAwesome business cards @thestressscientist beautiful and elegant. Is something I always neglected but after seeing yours, reconsidering it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts
- mcwhit2The Dr. has arrived! These are wonderful and I can't wait to swap our cards soon because it'll mean we are in the same room listening to thought provoking psychiatric neuroscience. To many more swaps in our futures!
- drshaenaThis is what I'm going to do too--just branded with my name. Needs no other labels 😎
- thestressscientist@drshaena hell yes, the name says it all 😎