lorraelenaIs it possible to fall in love with paint? Or a new palette?
I've been trying to decide whether to get Daniel Smith tubes since last year. The price of creating a palette out of DS paints would really put a dent in someone's savings. Especially since I rarely get to paint these days. But I really really loved the dot cards I sampled, and I'm trying to find ways to get back to painting regularly.
So, after more than a year of agonizing over it, I finally got my colors. I'm still waiting for 2 more to complete this palette though. That just means I'll be extra excited again in a month haha! Thank you @des_artroom for a more than excellent shopping experience. And thanks to @janeblundellart's blog where I got my start on which colors to get.
My faves so far: Green Apatite Genuine, Quinacridone Gold, Quinacridone Rose, Cerulean Blue Chromium, and Moonglow.
I also included PWC and Holbein tubes that I've had for a few years (last 6). #watercolor #danielsmith #palette
Note: Sorry about the photo/color quality btw. Lighting is so bad at home, but I'm too excited to wait for morning and better lighting haha!
- iravilleoh yes it is!!! :D what is that neon orange? also daniel smith watercolor? never seen it before
- joanniecandiYou should get Quin Coral too or lahat ng Quins! 😂
- lorraelena@iraville The one on top? It's Pyrrol Scarlet. It's not neon in real life haha! My lighting is just really bad at home. It's a lovely warm red color. 😊
- lorraelena@joanniecandi Huhu. I was choosing between that and Quin Rose. Next time!
- heyjowphI miss seeing ur work!
- lorraelena@heyjowph Aww! I miss working. I feel like there's always a piece of my soul that's missing these days.
- heyjowph@lorraelena motherhood changes everything but it's worth it naman diba? Pick up the pieces and get moving again. Take your time!💞
- janeblundellart@lorraelena actually DS quin rose and pyrrol scarlet are a perfect cool and warm red pair ;-)
- janeblundellartYes they are all gorgeous colours. Enjoy your new palette :-)
- lorraelena@heyjowph For sure, this boy's worth all the tears, eyebags, and craziness. 😊
- lorraelena@janeblundellart Many thanks to your wonderful and very informative blog posts! I had such a hard time choosing my colors until I found your site. 😊
- des_artroomYayyy! Glad to see them finding a new home @lorraelena 😊 Trust you will enjoy your new painting buddies. We look forward to seeing and being inspired by your creations.
Log in to like or comment.