sewmanjuSleeve just pinned in here. This is view C (lengthened) of #mccalls7542 #m7542 and yeah I like the sleeve treatment enough to make this work! (Hopefully!) I think side slits are the way forward on this particular version. Also, I would say some people may like to lower the neck a little. Will make a decision on that tomorrow. #maker #sewingblogger #handmadewardrobe #imakemyownclothes #isew #sewmanju #sewing #sewists #sewistsofinstagram #sewcialists #springsewing #mccallspatterns #mccalls
- shellyamoonYour adjustments moved it from eh to awesome! Agreed about the neckline. It seems like patterns are drafted to choke you or expose your assets. Can't find one that's just right. You're on the right track to make this one great!
- heyso_boat neckline would look fantastic but love the sleeves- great job thus far!
- thehoneythreadMaybe the sleeve is too long? Hi from Italy
- andreabirkanI love it!
- girlsinthegardenLove this
- sewmanju@essentialhoopla thanks. Fabric is from @fabworksmillshop
- sewmanju@thehoneythread hi! I deliberately made the sleeves longer because I don't think I would be able to wear anything over the top of it. And in the climate here I need a bit of arm coverage 😃
- sewmanju@girlsinthegarden loved your version: I would like to try this out in rayon to see the difference
- bbeautifulxoxLoving the sleeves. Looks great. X
- couture_in_loveI think I would lower the neckline and add a small version of the ruffle of the sleeves
- riverside_thimbleLove the sleeve😍
- diaryofasewingfanatic@sewmanju - I understand your reasoning but I agree with @thehoneythread - I think you're throwing the proportions for the sleeve and the top off...but this is just my opinion.
- paulalovestosewIt's a great versatile pattern isn't it? 💎
- sewmanju@bbeautifulxox thanks Debbie x
- ksanglophileI am so glad to see this post! I have sewn home furnishings for years, but not clothing because I have little patience for exact fitting. I really would like to try and I have been eyeing this pattern. I did notice that I would need to lengthen it a bit. How difficult do you think it would be for a semi beginner?
- sewmanju@ksanglophile there are shorten/ lengthen lines on the pattern and this is a multi cup size pattern so theoretically you wouldn't need to adjust the bust (too much, if at all). Also, no zip or buttonholes so yes, I think it is suitable for a semi beginner. 😀
- ksanglophile@sewmanju thank you for responding. I think I'm going to try it. It is so cute and I love the fabric you chose.
- sewmanyfabricsMaking one of these in viscose this weekend!
- helensawyerrJust cut out my pattern tissue, been reading the reviews on pattern review, might cut out my material tomorrow, will be a wearable muslin as review were mixed.
- handmadevintage378Gorgeous. I'm going to get me that pattern!
Log in to like or comment.