alldonemonkeyWant to travel the world with your kids? It's easier than you think! Often you can find restaurants or small eateries in your town or a nearby city. We had fun visiting Fil-Am, a local Filipino restaurant & bakery, and sampling some typical treats. Shown here are turon (a sweet spring roll filled with fried banana) and bitsu bitsu (a kind of a chewy doughnut made with rice flour). We will definitely be going back! Find more resources to teach kids about the Philippines on the blog today! (Link in bio).
#mkbkids #kbn #momsoninstagram #kidbloggersofig #sacramento #visitsacramento #mysacramento #exploresac #sacramentofood #mytinymoments #ourcandidlife #instagood #instakids #ig_motherhood #kbnmoms #ignorcal #philippines #filipino #yummy #yum #lecker #nomnom #homeschooling #kbnhs
- andthenwemovedtothis looks yummy! and what a great way to expose kids to a different culture!
- thepiripirilexiconSo easy discovering a country through food. We love it too.
- hispanic_mamaThat looks so delicious!
- ilzeievinaWhat a good idea! I love fried banana
- globetrottinkidsThat looks delicious 😋. Is it overly sweet?
- alldonemonkey@modernmami I loved it! Yes, food is always a hit!
- alldonemonkey@mamatortuga Thank you!
- alldonemonkey@andthenwemovedto @thepiripirilexicon @hispanic_mama It was great! Food is such a fun way to explore
- alldonemonkey@ilzeievina same here, though I would have never thought to put them in a crispy roll like this!
- alldonemonkey@globetrottinkids It really depends on what you like! They are both really sweet. I liked the banana roll but the doughnuts were a little too sweet for me. My son wasn't so keen on the doughnut texture, since it was really chewy.
- ketchupmomsAbsolutely agree to that. For e.g. In america kids loved pretzel and hotdogs. And in Thailand chicken satay
- kidzlensThese look yummy. And things like these do make life easier
- hannachedaHow yummy! Food is a great way to teach children about other cultures! 😊
- frannnelliThis brings back memories!! I always struggle to identify with my Filipino side but one of my strong connections is the food! I loved ur blog post!! Pancit is my fav dish too ☺️☺️
- discoveringtheworld.francesSo did you and the kids like it?
- mommymaestraIt looks delish!
- spanglishmonkeySounds like fun!
- familyonthelooseThese look so yummy!
- mymamalinguaDo kids love this? Looks so yummy
- europeanmamaThis looks delicious!
Log in to like or comment.