suneverfarmsI rigged up a temporary greenhouse sitch while I await construction of the real thing. It actually works pretty well and fun (drought tolerant, edible/useful) things are already popping up -- Chaste Tree, Hopi Tobacco, Red Fairy Duster, Mojave Aster and Mescal Bean (Sophora secundiflora). Native Americans used the Mescal bean in ceremony; it's a potent hallucinogen. But I plan to cultivate the lacquer-red seeds for ornamental use, along with the shrub's showy purple flowers #desertplants #desertfood #droughttolerantplant #desertgardening #greenhouse #temporarygreenhouse #seedstarting
- the__armNice! Do they need to be ventilated?
- suneverfarms@the__arm Yes, when the seeds sprout I open the lids for a few hours each day
- plunk_yarrowAww so cool. Do you have any of these plants established in your garden ?
- suneverfarms@punk_yarrow Yes, Chaste Tree, Red Fairy Duster and Mojave Aster. They're all still small, but thriving
- plunk_yarrowThat's just so great! Would love to see the spot sometime
- moonshinewalker💚 amazing!
- cactus.carlMojave Aster! Awesome.
- stephccosbyGang sowing! 😍🙌
- sinmorethe7Too cool 😀
- mojavewaldenSo rad!!!
- katiekoolmintYes. Native Americans used it in a sacred manner not a profane insensitive way. The profane way 'to get trashed or wasted etc"
- smoothie_and_chillLove this 👏 💕
- shesfiercemovement✨ 🌻 ✨ ⭐
- stellaryoginiHey guys? Any chance that you have a YouTube channel?
Log in to like or comment.