nadiabartelFinally, I have written my personal post on my struggle with silent reflux. I first started writing this post in June last year but I kept putting it off. As I wasn't sure if should post it. I don't want it to come across as a whining post. I am not complaining that Aston was a difficult baby (it's not his fault he was in pain and could only express himself by crying) I have included all his symptoms and what helped me get through #littleman #1houroldhere #lovehimsomuch link in bio
- fawnandmilkHe's so gorgeous!
- annapaterson_lind.hansenOh my goodness i feel your (and baby's) pain. I went through severe anxiety with my now 4 month old. I didn't know what i was doing wrong, wasnt bonding and she was constantly in pain until one day i got told she had silent reflux and after doing a few things she started to improve and so dod my anxiety. It's so hard! Thank you for sharing xx 💕
- heikekorffWow @nadiabartel my sister @chrizellelategan just sent me this post, and it felt like I had written this article. This is exactly what I went through with my little boy, also 16months now. It was the toughest, loneliest months as I didn't have my family around, with mostly everyone telling me: "oh but babies cry", as if I am a stupid first time mother who doesn't know better. Even though it has always been my dream of mine to become a mom, it was crazy hard with no sleep, or baby always sleeping upright on top of me, wherever we went, and never ever settled. Even taking photos of him was a struggle as he looked super red and grumpy all the time. Months later, with a happy and busy little boy, I am sure you would agree that it makes the good times with them so much sweeter 😘 Thank you so much for making me feel less lonely, and completely understood.🙏🏻xx
- sonjahepsoThank you for sharing 🙂 As so many others have commented here - I could have written this myself. I've had a bad day today - I get flashbacks to those horrible first months and I'm filled with shame and guilt for not fighting harder for her when no one believed me. I wasn't able to comfort her until very recently - whenever I tried it never worked so I gave up. I couldn't even comfort my crying daughter. I was a complete failure. She is better now but has been diagnosed with a food protein intolerance (FPIES)
- melissahoskin@bridgelast a great read!! Poor thing so interesting
- bijankag@nadiabartel thank you so much for sharing. Was just saying to my mum how I chose my son's middle name 'Aston' after seeing one of your posts (and I don't even follow afl!) and then my Harry Aston was born with silent reflux too? 😐 The article you wrote was like reading my own personal reflux diary. Good you stuck at! One paed told my husband and I that we had a 'naught baby' and I just didn't know how to swaddle him?? He was 4 weeks old!! And man, were those nights long, early mornings over and over and the tears just kept coming. We also tried to ween Harry off losec for months and eventually got there at 10months. All I can say is that we are so lucky to now have beautiful healthy babies x
- itsstaceylee14This is amazing @nadiabartel it's really helped me identify that our little boy most likely has the same thing. Off to the doctors tomorrow. Thank you
- lekedeThe worst part, that little grin that you're a first time mum and baby can feel your tension 😏
- nataliespratt@amyeshipp 💛
- nataliebattagliaGreat story @nadiabartel. My 3 year old suffered from silent reflux and it was a terrible time, especially for being a first time mum. For a little boy who just beamed with smiles to then have to suffer and constantly cry and not sleep was so heartbreaking. My biggest fear when my 1.5 year old was born that we'd have to go through the same thing but thankfully he wasn't affected by it. Love reading your blogs xx
- cloveraccessoriesI experienced the EXACT same, actually scary how identical Flo was to Aston! The other thing that killed me was hanging with friends that had the perfect baby, so you could never relate to them!!!! Makes us stronger for round 2!!! X
- wiehahnluAdorable mommy you are blessed
- loretta_carraro@nadiabartel went through the same thing! 🙏 for sharing
Log in to like or comment.