1castleintheairI had so much fun marbling paper today at the Castle. Swipe through to see. I made all of these sheets but 100% of the credit goes to Pietro for his great instruction. #castleclass #papermarbling #workshop #believeinthefantasy #soulfood #marbledpaper #italianpaper #pietroaccardi #traditionalcraft
- lizziedohertydesigns👏👏👏What paints and paper did you use? What about the base?
- cpshadesThe BEST day today 💗
- 1castleintheair@lizziedohertydesigns In fact it's complicated. We spent 2 hours of the class going over the details... but once you've got that the rest is just fun with colors and pattern.
- marispzamudioYes what paper and ink were used pls.?Thanks.
- 1castleintheair@marispzamudio @lizziedohertydesigns It's possible with all kinds of paper (even fabric!) and we used acrylic paint. The materials are quite simple. That's one of the things that is so appealing about it.
- lizziedohertydesignsThanks @1castleintheair I have tried on my own quite a bit and colors just don't stick!
- 1castleintheair@lizziedohertydesigns Ah! You need to prime the paper with alum. It helps the colors bite. ❤
- fiddlersgreenzineSo good!
- lizziedohertydesigns@1castleintheair ugh I have! What ratio do you recommend and was your base carrageen? Any insight on ratios for either would be amazing!!! I have been so frustrated and yours look gorgeous
- ullamItaly in your back yard!!!
- carikomonnerSO PURDY
- chamisawildThese are just gorgeously amazing!
- chamisawildAnd thanks for the tips on priming...And who would have guessed acrylic paints?! Thought you could only get such a "look" with oils or special "formulas"! Does he have a book or website?
- 1castleintheair@chamisawild The techniques used to be very secret in order to protect the guilds... or so the story goes. He doesn't have a website but recommended a few videos including the one from Daniel Smith which goes over the paint. I haven't checked it out. Honestly the thing about the class was that once you have your hands in the process it seems way less complicated. Of course I haven't tried it at home yet! 😝
- michaeljonpetersonBeauty!! 🤓
Log in to like or comment.