markhamrobertsA bar and smoking area we created at the end of a large aubergine lacquered dining room by making double sided bookcases to divide the room - the round dining table is unseen on the other side of the bookcases at the right. This was one of the first jobs I ever did, from the late 90's, and the clients were great! The bookcase idea came from de la Renta's NY apartment (I think originally inspired from an apartment belonging to Grace Dudley), and the beautiful lacquer color was inspired by a brilliant scheme of an apartment I had seen in AD, done by Mario Buatta. Decorating is a lot of borrowing of different ideas, so it's nice to give credit where due.
- tony_buccolaSo pretty
- cls_antiquesGreat looking! And the rug!😘
- davidnettosaysMarkham, this is just so great.
- ladolcevitablogI love the contrast. So chic, @markhamroberts!
- tamaravonschenkLove ❤️
- lindleymartensFabulously timeless!
- lauracasalearchitectIt's a beautiful room.
- milesreddright on!
- heatherwalshrestorationsVery cool 😎
- alexahamptonincAnd Genevieve Faure had cool bookcases like that, too! This is so gorgeous!
- alexahamptonincP.S. I will steal from you endlessly and forever and NEVER give you any credit. Xoxo Lex
- kf_paintingsWonderfulness!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
- simplysmashingdesignsTimeless beauty
- patsyg123This is stunning. 💕
- greatposeidonFirst of all, wow! Secondly Mario Buatta is one of the all time masters. I remember his aubergine room in AD.
- kinseymarableGrace Dudley's was pure bliss.
Log in to like or comment.