flanandapplepieFun fact: I have been a beekeeper for almost 8 years now. The hives originally belonged to my younger brother, but when he went away to college I took over. 🐝
We currently have two hives, and today I did a springtime inspection since the weather was nice. One hive is alive and well with a beautiful queen. 👑 Unfortunately the other larger hive did not survive the winter. A mouse decided to take up residence in the bottom part, and the bees didn't win the battle. 😉
I had to call Roberto to help clear out the mouse. 🙈 Let's just say mice and snakes are not my favorite animals. 🐀🐍
#beekeeping #backyardbeekeeping #beehive #beekeeper #beek #beehive #beehivepgh #honeybees #adventuresofflanandapplepie #savethebees #bees #colmena #abejas #miel
- flanandapplepieThanks!!! It's so nice having my very own supply of raw, local honey. 🍯 I've never tasted any honey as good as this. @yesmoreplease
- aisforamigosWow! Love this fun fact!
- flanandapplepieThanks!!! Bees really aren't too difficult to care for, but I always need a helping hand during honey season. The supers can weigh around 50 lbs. and I have trouble carrying them down the hill. 🙈 @aisforamigos
- yesmoreplease@flanandapplepie I can imagine how good is it! ✨😍
- lolascocinaI love how the flavor in the honey from your beehive is so different each year. 🐝
- flanandapplepieYou're right. My mom started a "honey archive" the first year we got our beehives. We save one small jar of honey and label it with each year. It's amazing to see the differences in color. @lolascocina
- sweetmolcajeteOmg! You are always full of surprises! 😱 Yeah, mice are not my friends either 😂
- flanandapplepieIt's definitely a different hobby, but the honey is OH.SO.GOOD! @sweetmolcajete
- beekeepersgramLove it!
- mexicanmademeatlessWow that is amazing!! I'm too scares of bees but do love honey right from the honeycomb
- egw87That is SO cool!
- flanandapplepieThanks!! @beekeepersgram
- flanandapplepieHoneybees are actually friendly! You would probably like beekeeping. 😉🐝 And, I agree fresh honey is the best! @mexicanmademeatless
- flanandapplepie@egw87 Thanks, Elise! It's a fun hobby to have...Not too much work and great rewards! 😋🍯
- mexicanfoodmemoriesHola Nicole, me gustaría decirte que me gusta esta foto, pero realmente tengo que confesarte que es mi fobia! 😬😬 no me gusta ver insectos aglomerados, especialmente abejas 😩😩 sé que son importantes y realmente te admiro por tener la valentía de ser a bee keeper. Es algo que no haría ni por todo el oro del mundo 😔
- egw87@flanandapplepie it's so great for the earth, you should've made this your Earth Day post 🤓
- flanandapplepieYou're right!!! Bees are so important to our food chain. Thankfully our bees are located at my parents' house which is surrounded by woods...No pesticides! Yay! @egw87
- flanandapplepieOhhhhh, si te entiendo, Karla! Hay poquitas personas de mi familia que les gusta ayudarme con las abejas. Tuve que convencerle varias veces a Roberto ser mi asistente y afortunadamente está mejorando mucho. Para mi, es algo que me hace sentir tranquila, pero soy todo un cobarde cuando hay culebras o ratones, jaja. 🙈🙈🙈 @mexicanfoodmemories
Log in to like or comment.