writingwithstyleThis cat's face of mild contempt is exactly how I feel after I looked at the plot of my novel and decided to completely change half of it.
I'm slowly realizing that the amount of work I'm going to have to do to complete this draft of editing is much larger than I expected. I had hoped to be finished by August, but I'm afraid it may stretch much longer than that...to be honest, I'm not that fast of a writer. I see people saying how they write 10,000 words a day, but for me, it's still a big accomplishment if I'm able to squeeze out 2,000. I'm taking my time to think as I go, because I really want to tell this story right.
I'm hoping to get a lot of writing done in Camp NanoWrimo! My goal is a modest 30,000. Are any of you planning in doing a Camp? I'd love to add you as a buddy or chat- my username is: vivian parkin derosa (creative, I know) What projects are you all working on?
Also, check out my blog for a guide for throwing the ultimate Harry Potter Party! The link is in the bio. -
Writing prompt: Write a poem about the seasons, but don't mention weather. -
#catandbook #cat #bookstore # #booksandcats #books #writing #amwriting #writer #writerswrite #amediting #teenwriter #teenwriters #writingprompt #writersofinstagram #writerslife #bookshelves #book #bookstagram #novel #novels #bookish #poet #poetsofinstagram #storyteller #story #literary #editinglife
- laurendefelicewritingI feel your pain. I know you can do it though! Take it scene by scene. And if you need a helping hand, it's the least I could do. :) Stay strong!
- gerald.george.jupiterOH DAMN THAT WRITING PROMOT
- gerald.george.jupiterI need to do that
- writingwithstyle@laurendefelicewriting You're the best 👊🏻💕
- email@example.com Right?!? It's harder than you'd think 😂
- innov8marketingThis was all good 💝 feels for me, thanks you.
- writingwithstyle@innov8marketing I'm glad I could help!
- writerbrenbradleyUnhappy plots must be in season, because I've just decided to overhaul my twice revised and edited ms 😑 Maybe it's just me being insecure and afraid to let the damn thing go. But whatever. Here we are. Maybe Camp will be a good place to do it. I haven't made up my mind yet, but if I jump in, I'll look you up 😏
- writingwithstyle@writerbrenbradley I'm trying to decide if it's all in my head or if it's the fact that I found a better way to tell the story. I like to think that I'm making it better. 😅 Good luck with your manuscript!
- jessicamichellewriterIm exactly the same with the slow writing! I don't understand how some people can write so much in one sitting!
- writingwithstyle@jessicamichellewriter Perhaps they are superheroes? Or maybe just humans who can make a decision about what words to write without looking up a synonym. ☺
- jessicamichellewriterI'm leaning towards super heroes haha @writingwithstyle
- joshneedhamcreativeWell done!
- adalinamaeauthor🙋 ☕
- writingwithstyle@joshneedhamcreative @adalinamaeauthor Thanks!
- karynraewrites2K words a day is a huge accomplishment. Hell, 500 words a day is too! 🙌🏻
Log in to like or comment.