shantipackMerrimac Buttress in Moab is rarely visited by climbers -- the rock quality is questionable, the approach requires a 4WD, and the majority of routes have a pitch of offwidth or squeeze chimney. I've been obsessed with freeing old aid lines, establishing new masterpieces and imagining what it was like to climb here 25 years ago with the desert pioneers. Climbing here gives me the sense I'm right there with them -- experiencing the mystery, exhilaration and beauty of this extraordinary place. 📷 Another cool shot from @evanwisheropp as I set out into the unknown 💜#WhatWouldEarlWigginsDo
#climbingisbliss #climbingismypassion #climbing_pictures_of_instagram #climbingphotography #aacgram #natgeoadventure #rockclimbing #moab #climb #climbing #strongisbeautiful #crackclimbing #tradclimbing #climber #womenofclimbing #offwidth #tradisrad #lasportiva #maximropes
- yellowkimberLove it all 💛 spring is here!!
- jessielweaverYou look sooo zen !! 👌❤️
- shantipack@jessielweaver Ah so happy!!
- featherlynn32I love this photo... you look at peace, like you are right where you need to be at in that very moment 💜
- mark_bullock@featherlynn32 spun anti-clockwise 90 degrees and she could be about to nap 😴
- goprogibsonSuch a small piece of humanity ever will see such places.... that's what I revel in.
- shantipack@goprogibson me too it's such an incredible thing...
- goprogibsonIt's addictive and moving in a way that keeps me coming back that's for sure.
- chrisnickjoy82I love finding Pioneer climbing areas where old fixed petons are still solid.
- usapalmThis is awesome!
- don_the_readySo casual.
- woeyjilliamsPoser... heh, get it?
- tallpinesbigskiesGangsta for sure
- budello81Like it!
Log in to like or comment.