hough_family_homesteadWent out with hubs to check hives, I was not dressed in a suit just watching a fair distance away. I have learned my lesson.... always be suited up. The hive swarmed on hubs and came straight for me. It was quite humorous for family members watching from across the pond. I felt like Donald Duck in one of those old cartoons... flailing and screaming. Only got stung 7 times, but 6 were on my scalp and one on my ear. Definitely an exciting Easter evening. Ha. Live and learn.
- hough_family_homestead@lkhoneybee I think you're right. The top lid was tilted and I'm wondering if a critter had bothered them last night.
- my_simple_lifepixEek...mine almost opened our nucs last night while I was standing there unsuited. Aieeeeee stahp. I left. 😓😉
- chefaprietoThey were mad about something....🐝🐝🐝
- hough_family_homestead@ischade48 thanks a little sore but I'll be ok.
- mrs_cwrightMan. How did you get away
- ahhowsweetphotographyI hope they went back to their hives afterwards??? I think its awesome that you guys are keeping them, we need more people to try & help since so many are on the endangered species list now 😔
- hough_family_homestead@ahhowsweetphotography yes they did. They were just defending themselves. Thank you.
- hough_family_homestead@mrs_cwright Ran away and I think the screaming helped...not. LOL.
- teacher.jillMy sympathies. I was attacked by a swarm of hornets. I feel your pain!
- jackiebesserOh NO! That's awful!
- laura.irizarryI hope your feeling better today. I love bees but very respectful of them.
- hpetro96Gloves are optional?
- hough_family_homestead@hpetro96 usually no, but he couldn't find his and this hive is usually very docile.
- cook_family_farmI've also done that before lesson learned!
- bryan.trimbleOh no! OUCH!!!
- taskconsultares😱😱😱😱😨😨😨😱😱😱😱.... Are the 🐝🐝🐝🐝 ok .....🙋😊...Just kidding ....Hope you are feeling better Rachel @hough_family_homestead ....🙇🙇🙇
Log in to like or comment.