kenyan_libraryHappy Easter 🍻 hope you are enjoying this time off to catch up with family and reading and just relaxing... I am definitely in a more relaxing mood as last weeks temp job proved to be a bit of a challenge and my reading has suffered a bit. I being a student have yet to experience the time-consuming work so when I couldn't squeeze in reading last week I felt a bit of an imbalance and I am really trying to centre myself and incorporate reading into my life routine... 😅😅😅
I wish I worked in one of the tents🎪 in The Night Circus even as a cleaner or a librarian at Hogwarts but Sadly this is real life :( How do you balance work/school and reading time?
- kenyan_library@call_me_bribri It is so good read it in February and I was very impressed 😅😅😅
- bookshrine@kenyan_library yea I wished the clock was real too! Someone pls build this clock, pls! Anyway, I think you shouldn't be stressed about how much you're reading. As a bookworm, you're bound to read anyway! So if you're busy, don't give yourself more things on your to-do list, you'll catch up with your leisure-reading in no time once your schedule frees up!
- kenyan_library@bookshrine I really needed to hear that thank you so much 🤓🙆🙌 I will take it easy and not force it because reading should come naturally 👌👌👌👌
- call_me_bribri@kenyan_library I reckon I should schedule it for May
- dlgillis20I listen to audiobooks when I'm getting ready for work and doing housework/yard work. It's not for everyone but I really enjoy it. My daughter is a runner and always has a book going. 😊📚😉
- kenyan_library@dlgillis20 I have tried Audio Books before but the ones I choose didn't hold my attention so i need some recommendations 😂😂😂😂😂😂 Or maybe a specific genre
- flourishandblascoOh night circus! Nice 😍
- silpionsbooksHappy Easter, Bill! It's a difficult balance to find, in my case I even end up thinking I'm wasting my time being at work 8 hours a day (but that's probably an entirely different problem ^^). I'm a morning person, I read while having breakfast and before getting on the bus (not during as it makes me feel dizzy). And then I read every evening/night. I even read while exercising on my crosstrainer... If I watch a good TV series at the same time, I force myself not to watch more than two episodes a night so that there's time for reading.
- silpionsbooksAlso, I find it useful to actually get a drink in a nice cafe as it forces me to take the time to read with no other distraction. (The phone stays in the bag!)
- bookisheulogiesThe balance isn't easy. Especially when there's deadlines. But I do my best. 😊
- thesarahdoughtyLove it! It's a balance I'm still trying to achieve.
- kenyan_library@silpionsbooks thank you for the Insight 🙌 I am willing to sacrifice a lot for reading so I might just take all that you've said into consideration 👍👌👌👌👌 especially the cafe 👏
- kenyan_library@bookisheulogies all we can do is try🙌
- kenyan_library@thesarahdoughty 😅😅😅😅 I hope we achieve the balance 😅😅😅
- bookwnonameI read every night before I sleep, usually an hour, sometimes two. If the book is engrossing I'll dip into the wee hours while not ideal, I can handle a couple late nights! I also read at lunch, if I get one. I also eschew Netflix etc for a good read!
- kenyan_library@bookwnoname I am trying the late night read and it surprisingly working 🙌🙌🙌 It actually helps me sleep for some reason 😂😂😂
- guatemamma_readsI carry my book with me EVERYWHERE. So if I have a spare 5 minutes waiting in line, the few minutes before class starts (when I was in school), lunch break, etc. basically I read anywhere and everywhere ☺️
- kenyan_library@guatemamma_reads i do the same thing but I usually feel so swamped that end up not reading
- guatemamma_reads@kenyan_library ☹️
Log in to like or comment.