camerashymommalast night I caught a glimpse of an old Polaroid on my bookshelf and her smiling face was immediately in the room with me. my mom's presence was so real and so different than a dream, as we planned today's scavenger hunt and stashed sweets in colorful eggs, I could almost hear her laughter, after a few glasses of her favorite white wine, while she wrote riddles and clues to send her own three kids on a wild goose chase to find their Easter baskets. and then this morning, his joy was contagious as he picked up the camera and snapped this photo of his own sleepy-faced mom on Easter morning. I see myself through the eyes of my twelve year old as he exclaims "yes! that's so cool, it looks like we're living in the 70's!" he pines after a lost era, his favorite, and perhaps his inspiration and love for all things retro. I see myself as he sees me. and I see my own mom in the 70's reaching for the tea kettle, waking up to kids scrambling through the house leaving candy trails, laughter, and eventually bickering behind them. happy Easter, friends. may this day make your heart happy in however you celebrate tradition, spring, and love. past, present, and future. #fujifilminstax #filmisnotdead
- traceyclarkLove love love. 😘
- theruralroostLove this!
- xoteaThis is all just magically perfect.
- marissadigirolamoWonderful. Love, love, love.
- pont_neufYou write so beautifully with much insight. Is there a book in your present or future? With photos?
- pjdecarloBeautiful words, beautiful you❣️
- deedeemorrisphotographyWhoa! I though this was you! Beautiful memory and words
- camerashymomma@deedeemorrisphotography ha! it is me! 😜 my 12 year old took it this morning 👌🏽it totally reminded me of the Polaroid I found of my mom last night.
- michelle_gdhappy easter, beautiful lady.
- maybalyneeHappy Easter beautiful 💕
- tdoeswoolHappy Easter 💫
- mainemommaThis is so wonderful. Happy Easter spring my friend xo
- tinyparticlesoflightLovely image - lovely memories. ❤️
- jessemixerMeredith, you are beautiful! Happy Easter!
- etellinemmaWonderful picture!
- lslindellI LOVE THIS post and this photo 😘
- 70babsLovely!! yurt kitchen never in better hands!!!
- deerdrifterI can relate to that feeling. My dad passed 9 years ago and I still feel his essence in the air when his old records are played, and hang out in dreams with him. 💚
Log in to like or comment.