eatprimalrunhardStanding atop the trig point on East Wirren during today's long, hilly run up Hill of Wirren with @patrikduncan.pd and @clannduncan (and Ruby the dog). Today's run felt great! Though my imbalance issues aren't yet resolved, I'm still able to do the types of runs I want, though can't push distance too much. The injury, as well as several illnesses last month forced me to miss work and training, and have resulted in me (and Pat) withdrawing from the Glen Lyon Ultra at the beginning of May. This was actually quite a big relief, as I think it would be wreckless to attempt my first ultra undertrained and injured. There will be other ultras to do. For now, I've still got the Hoka Highland Fling relay in 2 weeks time, where I'll be running not in my @inov_8 fell shoes or ultra trail shoes, but actually these Road Claws, which provide the perfect amount of cushioning but with more grip and deeper treads than a typical road shoe. It also helps that I feel very confident running downhill in these, a key point for any trail runner. .
Last photo: recovery smoothie. .
Happy Easter everyone 🐰
#paleorunner #paleolifestyle #runningonpaleo #ukrunchat #ukrunnersclub #runnerscomunity #instarunners #run #runner #glutenfreerunner #grainfreerunner #trailrunner #paleouk #sunday #longrun #scotland #igersscotland #photooftheday
- eatprimalrunhard@realsimplegood thanks! And yes, there will always be more races.
- whatggmaateGood for you for taking it easier with your injuries! It's so hard to do that sometimes when you always want to push yourself.
- canadiansheilaGood for you for listening to your body. It can be hard to rest, but sometimes it's necessary. Also, ❤️ the shoes, they're gorgeous!
- martha_runsIt sucks to withdraw from races but it's worth it in the long run. It's better to be able to keep running than mess it all up on one race. Well done for staying strong!!
- snapper68@eatprimalrunhard what goes in you're recovery smoothie?
- paleocastleLove those shoes and the scenery! Happy Easter!
- bellabefreeGreat shoes!
- clannduncanGreat run today guys. Good luck in two weeks.
- schoolbalanceReally glad you're seeing improvement
- eatprimalrunhard@whatggmaate it's true! But I hate feeling unprepared for races, especially a long distance one, and my body forever is more important than one race.
- eatprimalrunhard@canadiansheila thanks Amanda!
- eatprimalrunhard@fitness_kaleopaleo @clannduncan @bellabefree @paleocastle thank you!
- eatprimalrunhard@schoolbalance thank you 😊
- eatprimalrunhard@snapper68 I always put banana, berries of some kind, almond butter and unflavoured whey protein powder; I also add spinach, sometimes ground flaxseed, and avocado, depending on what I've got at home.
- eatprimalrunhard@martha_runs definitely! And thank you! My body forever is more important than one race.
- eatprimalrunhard@thehealthboost thank you!
- snapper68@eatprimalrunhard okay way cool thank you for the info have a great week.
- primalgrapevineIncredible view on your run, wow!!
- eatprimalrunhard@primalgrapevine thank you!
Log in to like or comment.