journeyofnowWhat we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning is my favorite quote by Werner Heisenberg, a key pioneer of quantum mechanics.
In a very deep way, we are many levels of abstraction away from reality. If you go deep down the rabbit, it is very troubling.
An altercation happens between two people in opposing armies. One person dies. At that moment, they are 100% present and engaged. Nothing else matters but surviving.
We go one layer up, you have some eye witness that observe the altercation and captures some video in addition to the survivor's account.
We go one abstraction up, this gets filled into a report and is posted or leaked to news outlets and social media.
We go several layers of abstraction up. That same video and report have a whole new narrative. Some will report just the facts as best as they can with no bias. Others will be used to fit a multitude of agendas.
We go several layers of abstraction up, and the event is consumed by you. From there you will have a different point of view of what happened based on whatever cognitive bias you may have and the abstracted reality you have digested.
This to me is some perverted Chinese whispers—or telephone played to the 10th degree.
What can be done to solve this problem? I for one do not have answers, maybe some suggestions.
1. Get in touch with what is "happening" right here right now to have a baseline on what it means to absolutely engaged.
2. Start to have some form of meditation practice or activity which forces you to get closer to the first-hand experience. To watch and observe as thoughts appear and disappear. Over time you will be able to peel back a few layers of perception and get back to reality. Hopefully get rid of some of those internal narratives that cloud one view of the world.
3. Become obsessed with critical thinking, questioning one's thoughts and beliefs.
4. Knowing how to ask the right questions.
5. Take in as many valid points of view.
Anyhow enough of my ramblings. Happy Sunday.
- journeyofnow#igersflorida #igersftl #igerswestpalmbeach #florida #justgoshoot #ampt_community #cloudporn #sky #nature #justgoshoot #gmasters #wpb #igersmiami
#instagood #photooftheday #picoftheday #instadaily #igers #bestoftheday #iphoneonly #webstagram #all_shots #rsa_nature #landscape_lovers
#cloudporn #lakeview #thoughoftheday #thinkingoutloud #zen #zazen
- blue.ridinghoodHey! So beautiful friend 😍😍
- arnimonishaHalooo my dear friend, still amaze me like always. Happy sunday
- email@example.com hiii long time. Hope all is well with you. I see your photography remains amazing! ❤️
- journeyofnow@arnimonisha hi Arnie, thanks for stopping by. Hope all is good in your world. Staying happy and positive 🙏🏾.
- billyssonVery nice
- blue.ridinghoodSo is yours, Stephen 😍 It's good to talk, welcome back
- nialloleary💙💛 great to see you posting again Stephen
- martikasworldI needed that message today!! Thank you!!! 🤗
- journeyofnow@martikasworld hiiiiiiiiii my friend! Glad you got something out of it. Sending you good vibes your way. Hope you are having a good Easter.
- frengelsHey Stephen, lovely post as always and a little something to ponder about 😉. Wishing you a lovely Sunday.
- martikasworldShiggsssss!!!!!! Got your positive vibes and am now having a fantastic day!! Need to connect when I'm back in town in a couple of weeks!!
- asheepsStunning! So peaceful
- summyiilammYou are very different from other photographers☺your photos are always more than a photo.they are alive!
- _mommyroo3_I agree with so much of this, always be "present" in everything you do. I also believe that we should take a step back from technology, social media and news/politics agendas frequently, in order to refresh our true selves. 🙏🏻
- journeyofnow@_mommyroo3_ good tip! I've taken several brakes from social media. I think it is very necessary. Less to distractions so we can focus on self. Have a wonderful day. 🙏🏾
Log in to like or comment.