gemcwadeOk so we've always been independent boutique hotel/ airbnb/ ace hotel types. When booking this escape, we were both broken and exhausted so we fell for the convenience option. I so expected not to be keen. But it is brilliant. Everything is easy, the food works for everyone. The waterpark (shudder) was actually brilliant fun. And to top it off, the deal we got means we get free afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks every day in the guest lounge. I've read two books already and the people spotting is brilliant. The only fly in the ointment is I'm cringing at the wastefulness and lack of anything eco anywhere. Also so many kids are glued to screens 😔 it's so sad to see so many families on hols who aren't talking to each other. My kids are stuck with crayons and paper which I'm sure they hate us for but I refuse to give in. Normal artisan/organic/worthy food stuff will resume soon. #rantover #dubai
- melpizSo glad it all worked out! Sounds like a super fun trip. xx
- sarahgood01Compromise on the hotel but device-free family fun is precious and the best kind!
- northerncalstyleSounds awesome! Stay strong my kids got only books until they were teens. Still hate seeing little kids zoned out on devices during vacations, but it's everywhere. :(
- soozidansonHope you've had the best time xx
- gemcwade@sarahgood01 I agree. Heartbreaking to see how many people are missing out on all the little moments that make family hols great. X
- gemcwade@northerncalstyle I know -so scary to think what impact it will have. Kids who don't know how to be bored or think without constant screen time. And all those missed chances to chat.
- northerncalstyle@gemcwade Right? So true.
- dvingold_fine_jewelry_Super nice :)
Log in to like or comment.