a_gray#Americanairlines has replied, and I give them two thumbs up! @americanair will re-imburse ALL damaged @cisurfboards and the @onamission bag. They are also returning the excess baggage fee. The airlines was aplologetic while acknowledging their negligence, and agrees the boards were most likely run over. I'd like to commend AA for handling this situation appropriately. Most of all I'd like to thank all of YOU for your engagement. It's amazing to see the positive side of social media bring like-minded people together in stance of a fair result. Moving forward, I am positive the reply to this circumstance will hold as the example for all surfers in the future. Again thank you all. Let's get ready for more surf adventures :)
- salty_seadogYew good on ya @americanair Shouldn't have happened in the first place and it shouldn't have been this difficult for Alex to get the situation reconciled. Nevertheless, it's refreshing to see an airline so the right thing.
- bjellig@americanair from 🖕🏽to 🤙🏽
- idostuffThat's great
- americanairlinesYou're welcome
- landonguterezDon't you get boards for free
- peninsulasurfclubGlad to hear this.
- fikser@chrisbreheny yep. The bill has been paid on an expedited basis, so now everyone is friends again; no greater cause than personal reimbursement...
- reefrunnrSo crazy
- beckettwilsonLet's goooo. Sucks that it had to go this far in order to get a good result
- tripntheplanethad the same track marks on a board after a flight with air canada. and recently had to deal with another snapped board incident to no avale
- ruperstitionGrasa asqueroso
- gubirdgood on you! @americanair
- chrisotsolI want that channel bottom broken or not..;)
- chrisotsolMeet you at the Aves Alex?
- trump.dont.surf@a_gray we'd like to send you some gear! DM us your info so we can ship it out! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
- wildman_904They may have made everything good for you, but what happens to the nobody surfer that has the same thing happen to him? Will he get the same treatment? @a_gray
- zukkarSo did they change their charge policy? @a_gray I mean you were pretty vocal about being a catalyst for change and now they paid you and it's dBm shakas? Didn't really change anything for the rest of us.
Log in to like or comment.