asiaticakcHappy Easter, everybunny! This post is brought to you by our very own Katherine Kaufman. Last week she made these gorgeous "Shibori" Easter eggs with her grandkids using remnants of Asiatica fabrics to make the dye patterns. Here’s a quick how-to so you can impress the Easter bunny with your fabulous eggs.
1. Wrap uncooked eggs in natural dyed fabrics - preferably with a pattern. 2. Then wrap in a scrap of plain white cloth and secure the top with a twist tie. 3. Submerge the eggs in a pan of water with a few tablespoons of white vinegar and heat until near boiling. 4. Let eggs simmer for 20 minutes, then remove and cool. Unwrap your gorgeous egg creations! #asiaticakc
- asiaticakc#easteregg #easter #howto #eastereggs #dyeeggs #funwithkids #clothdye #easteractivity
- willbrowninteriorsStunning! These are like shibori works of art!
- eileen_et_bisousThe eggs are fabulous!
- ombratofoodSo original and beautiful!
- msloongStaggeringly beautiful! Shibori eggs...wonders never cease.
- elizabethfulderwilsonWho knew! One more scrap project for next Easter!
Log in to like or comment.