- jendriesbachI could have just gone on with today...just quietly reflected on today outside of social media. but my heart is hot, and I know that when that feeling comes over me that I'm not to be silent and not to be content to simply share a vague-book bible verse or quote.
I post many things...mostly I post my clients and the work I get to do with them. the other posts are pieces of me: my kids, my love, my girls, my family, things that strike me as interesting, my travels. this post is from when I traveled to #monumentvalley. I felt small looking at this scene so I photographed it because I wanted to remember that feeling. but to be honest, mostly this post is a look into my heart. most of you (although there are a lot of strangers to me on here so maybe you don't?) know that I love Jesus...as in I LOVE Jesus. why? and why design a landscape with "it is finished." branded on it? because that statement is the very cornerstone of who I am. I know that God is perfect. and I know that I messed up that perfection - my selfishness, my arrogance, my decieptfulness, my anger, my pride...my sin messed up that perfection. and a just and perfect God cannot just simply sweep my sin away - He has to deal with the injustice of my sin...He HAS to. but the most absolute and crazy cool thing is, God loves me...as in He freaking LOVES me + instead of judging my life the way I know I deserve, He chose to love me instead by taking my place through His perfect son Jesus who lived/laughed/breathed/walked this earth for me. for as long as I exist, that will forever overwhelm me + bring tears to my eyes. it's easy to appear perfect in insta-land, but I know myself...I know what imperfection haunts me, I know the absolute junk that separates me from a perfect God...and yet God still chose to reconcile me to Him through placing that judgement for me on His perfect Son. when Jesus breathed His last words "it is finished." He made right my relationship with God. that will forever be amazing to me.
so there you go, a small look into my heart and what makes me...well, me. ♡ tonight I'm going to sing my thankfulness and be reminded of that at 830 if you'd like to join me, the location is tagged. ♡
- jendriesbach@katepalacios4 love you, ke we and love that we both are loved by Him this way. ❤
- janstammAmazing love...how can it be?????
- oliviagrace424I love this Jen❤️❤️❤️
- copperandcottonThis is such a beautiful and accurate way to word the most beautiful truth. It's a truth that is so hard to grasp and yet I'm so desperate to understand it. I think it'll be a lifelong journey of growing in understanding. Thank you for letting us peek into your soul!
- restored_haven_designPerfectly stated.
- cheramymayfieldJust Amen
- discoverarizonaroadtripsBeautiful! Amen 🙏
- faither23Love your transparency!! 💕
- julianabirdphotographyI'm a big fan of this!
- comeplumThis makes me happiness 😉
- the.lemon.loungeSo beautifully said. Sometimes it's simpler to reflect inwardly, but there is such transparency and growth in processing outwardly. ❤️
- jendriesbach@glorwhitlow always when reminded of grace ♡
- jendriesbach@faither23 trying to be! ♡
- email@example.com agreed, I always think if I can post other heart things why would I selectively leave out Jesus heart things...thank you ♡
- jendriesbach@copperandcotton absolutely a lifelong journey and one that the longer I'm on, the more grace I know I've been given! ❤
- aimeelyhnThis post is simply beautiful!! Thank you for sharing jen!♡♡♡
- weddinghashtagwallIs it a Congratulations! 🎉
- jbjpicturesBeautiful shot! 👏