yogamarisSo this popped up in my FB memories yesterday.
Two years ago, wearing children's clothing and probably somewhere in the ballpark of 20 pounds lighter. This was during a time where I was finally reawakening to the fact that I'd somewhat relapsed back into disordered eating.
What had awoken me? Teacher training. I had graduated a few months before, and as tried to start taking on a full schedule of teaching/subbing in addition to my school work, I had a realization: with all my energy (both physically and emotionally) tied into my disorder, I did not have any left to pursue what I truly loved.
My disorder told me to give up, to stay in the comfort of the disease I'd always known and forget the dream I was beginning to taste. But a bigger, braver part of me was beginning to grow defiant. I wanted something new. I wanted to change. I wanted to grow into something I had never been.
One of my teachers once told me "it's never too late to make a u-turn." And so I whipped my car around and head down a new path- one I've never come to regret.
- yogamaris. . . . . .
#yoga #acceptance #guilt #recovery #anarecovery #anorexia #justbe #abundance #love #selflove #fearlesslyauthentic #teachertraining #YTT #growth #photography #nature #healing #practice #practiceandalliscoming #partneryoga #change #dancer #mermaidvariation #throwback #fbf
- queenjanetteDidn't know that you were so close to me 😀
- yogamaris@queenjanette I'm from the Bay- not quite San Ramon but Walnut Creek!
- myberkeleykitchenYou are amazing Maris 💗you should feel so proud -love the u turn advice 👍
- yogamaris@myberkeleykitchen Thank you my friend. 🙏🏼🌷
- myredcarpetbodyBeautiful ❤
- letterdoherthingI so hear you on all of this and hugely relate to what you're sharing🙏🏻 thank you for being open and wonderful! 💖
- yogamaris@letterdoherthing Thank you so much. 🙏🏼💗
- m_a_d_a_s_sLoved reading this❤ My soul needed it!
- yogamaris@m_a_d_a_s_s Thank you! 🙏🏼💓
Log in to like or comment.