matchboxkitchenCapturing the end of the citrus season with a special order cara cara orange and vanilla bean cake. I was so pleased with how the flavor of Ken's Top Notch organic cara cara oranges came through. Decorated with aforementioned oranges, south central farmers coop mint, and garden grown geranium for a Palm Springs feel. 〰
Though I've mentioned it, I never really shared why I took a step back from this Instagram and from Matchbox Kitchen in general. Simply put, I got burned out. Last year was my most successful but also the most stressful and frustrating. My whole mission (and my life's mission, really) is to promote and encourage eating real ingredients made and grown with care for yourself and for the planet. Somewhere along the way my message got lost and I couldn't convey this to my customers. I didn't feel proud of my work knowing I could do so much more. I thought I was quitting baking for good! So I took a break and asked for a sign from the universe. Thirteen weeks ago I started an urban farmer internship at #sarvodayafarms through @thegrowingclub and it has truly changed my life. For the first time in over a year I feel the excitement and spark I've been searching for. I've lost thousands of followers because of my cake sabbatical 😂, so thank you everyone that continues to stick around! And most of all, thank you @garyheshikifitness for supporting and encouraging me through this entire process.
- lotus_centerCongratulations to you for finding your purpose. And @kenstopnotchproduce is my fave! Going to cry once those Cara Cara's are gone...
- charlottebawden@ermintrude55 make this for me please
- ermintrude55@charlottebawden zesty!
- flavorkitTaking breaks when you feel like you need them is important. It's probably the main reason why I have so few followers too, lol. Thank you for staying true to yourself and your real food journey, @matchboxkitchen! ❤ I tend to follow for the long haul based on principle, style, substance, and useful information. You were missed, but I'm glad to see you back!
- lydia.lizard@rebeccahawkesillustration 😍😍
- cake.denimAww sweet
- thegrowingclubSo happy to read this!
- matchboxkitchen@fuschian07 thanks Sandra!
- matchboxkitchen@rachaelsheridan thanks so much, Rachael :)
- matchboxkitchen@ermiegram thank you for the kind words, Jennifer! It's so hard to find balance when you're a business owner. I think I drove myself crazy 🙃 no to mention always pushing myself to be better.
- matchboxkitchen@deidrejm thank you for your continued support, Deidre! It really means so much to me. And thank you for requesting this cake, I had so much fun making it!
- _mademoiselle_tikaBeautiful and love your mission/purpose!!
- carolineadoboThis is great, much love to you ❤️
- peaceful__soul@matchboxkitchen Sometimes we need to step to the sidelines in order to fully understand our life's journey. You had the courage to do just that when your business was seeing much success but at the end of the day you became a better/stronger person. Congrats for being courageous. Glad you are back and excited to see how your journey plays out.
Log in to like or comment.