- jenns_trendsA new #blog post is live! And it's a somewhat controversial topic, and one that I have a strong opinion about 😉 I was also in a bit of a "mood" when I sat down to write this one...so it's a little more pointed than my usual posts!
CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO to read all about my thoughts on using stock photos on IG.
Oh, and I'd love your thoughts too! Feel free to leave a comment on the blog or post a comment here!
#socialmedia #socialmediamarketing #marketing #jennstrends #LearnFromJenn #instagrammarketing #instagramtraining #instagramexpert #instagramforbusiness #instagramtips #business #smallbusiness #smm #smallbiz #entrepreneur #branding #onlinemarketing #digitalmarketing #bestpractices #stockphotos #copyright
- comebackmommaWhere is your favorite place to visit?
- traceofficesolutionsI have no problem with them, why would we?
- traceofficesolutionsSorry, what I mean is, everyone runs their business in their own way, and stock photos are at your fingertips! If you brand them to be their own, I don’t see it being a problem 😊
- amandagruzasDidn't even know what a stock photo was. #noob
- jenns_trends@tickletreestudio I'm glad this post opened up some thoughts about being real. But, yes, incorporating a few for blog posts and support occasionally isn't the worst...and it is time saving!
- jenns_trends@rhondacallow yes, I can see your point in those "trending" cases. But, again, as long as those are done in moderation, with your own content as the dominant factor, then it is supporting your brand, not detracting from it.
- jenns_trends@traceofficesolutions I'm not sure if you read the whole blog post but I talk about authenticity in there and that's what I believe gets lost when we rely too much on stock content.
- jenns_trends@amandagruzas lol! Well, now you do!! 😉
- rhondacallow@jenns_trends Exactly!
- thedeskqueenUsing stock photos and overlaying motivational quotes on it. What do you think about it?
- jesse_onomiwo@thedeskqueen if you are creative about it, it is not bad at all. If it is not free, credit the source. I use stock photos under the Creative Commons license.
- jenns_trends@thedeskqueen I'm actually very opposed to this. It's just not very Instagram authentic in both senses of the practice. I'd rather see you share a beautiful photo of you own and write a great caption with motivation via your own story or anecdote.
- thedeskqueen@jenns_trends thanks! 😊
- wellsgroverVery cool
- jenns_trends@christophtrappe @rachelmostlymoraga 😅 yes, for the most part, I totally agree. Although I point out 2 scenarios in the blog post that are *possible* exceptions.