knitosophyI think River thinks this walkway was made for her. Here I grow succulents, roses and some of my herbs. No wonder it's one of my favorite spots! I was tagged by two sweet ladies Adri @nanoadri and Kaity @kaitybethcreates for #20thingsaboutme. Well, here goes...
1. I love to eat, drink and be merry.
2. I love tennis! 🎾I would play every day if I could.
3. I help my husband run his landscaping business, which he started just as I was heading off to law school. (Phew, good save!)
4. We are a family of "herpers," meaning we like to go out and find snakes, turtles, salamanders and other reptiles and amphibs.
5. I work hard to change the things I don't like about myself.
6. Right now I'm working on being more laidback about noise levels in my home. I like quiet but feel I should be able to adapt from time to time.
7. I'm extremely cynical and skeptical, but I'm working on that also.
8. I think everyone is both right and wrong about pretty much everything (I do not exclude myself here). 9. I am full of contradictions.
10. My husband and two children mean the world to me. That being said, sometimes I want to throw them all into a dumpster.
11. I don't like nitpickers, but I'm kind of a perfectionist (working on that as well).
12. I'm a neat freak, but sometimes I get a little messy.
13. I grew up on a farm. Chickens, emus and goats were my best friends. 🐓
14. My dad has an insanely large insect collection, and I grew up catching bugs with him. Now I am sad when my car hits a butterfly.
15. I avoid dramatic people like the plague.
16. I love plants and animals and often connect with them more easily than humans.
17. I love the outdoors! There is nothing better than the serenity of floating down a river.
18. I was an English major and used to devour books until knitting took over my life. Now I have to make time for reading.
19. I love to write and started a knitting blog to encourage me to write more.
20. My husband is my best friend, and I'm eternally grateful to him for pulling the stick out of my ass and teaching me to laugh more. 😂🤣
I tag @einkopptetakk @woolenviolet and @awoodennest!
- knitosophy#inmybackyard #gardenlove #succulentgarden #instacat #blackcatsofinstagram #catstagram
- kaitybethcreatesWe are "herpers" at our house, too. We have a whole menagerie of rescued and re-homed reptiles.
- knitosophyThat's so great! A lot of people kill snakes. It makes me so sad. @kaitybethcreates
- nanoadriI'm super cynical as well, but I'm not working on it at all 😂 - and throwing them in the dumpster 😆 anyone who pretends like they don't want to do that sometimes, is a liar.
- knitosophyI'm glad you agree! Some might read it and be like, That's so awful! 😱 "The dumpster" is a common reference in our house. It all started when Jake was a baby and up crying a lot of nights. We were extremely stressed, and Andy offered to go throw him in a dumpster for me. That brought on a lot of laughter and got us through the night. We ended up laughing our way through Jake's taxing and challenging infanthood. 😂 @nanoadri
- nanoadriLOL!!! That's really nice of Andy! 😜
- jnlankfordI love these "20 things" posts going around! It's crazy because I have at least 1 thing in common with all the ones I've read (I mean besides knitting, obviously 😜). Friend, we have A LOT in common. I think it's really awesome you're a family of "herpers." That's so unique! Thanks for sharing this. ✨💛✨
- knitosophyA lot in common, huh? That's good to know! Sometimes I feel so different. Especially for Alabama. 😜 @jnlankford
- corriekingsleyI've said it before and I'll say it again, I KNEW emus would make great friends! And you are too sweets! Loved this read 😘
- aftermidnightendsahahaha a dumpster!! 😂😂😂
- knitosophyOne emu in particular that I raised became my baby. He truly thought I was his mama and would follow me around everywhere, even the half-mile from the barn to the house. I'm glad you enjoyed my little bio there. It's really hard for me to write about myself and post it like that. 😜😘😘😄 @corriekingsley
- knitosophy🤣🤣🤣 @aftermidnightends
- rainyhomesteadMagical picture ✨
- asjknits☝️My feelings too! Your garden is magic. ☺
- einkopptetakkthank you for tagging me! it might be a while before i answer, cause i just got home from a big trip and got lots to do, but i appreciate it 💛
- knitosophyThank you! 💖 @rainyhomestead @asjknits
- scrappyeweThank you for sharing this. It's delightful to read and the picture is wonderful!
- knitosophyThank you! I am happy to hear that! 💖@scrappyewe
Log in to like or comment.