dianesanfilippoIn the wake of when I share anything that has the potential to make people feel a twinge of pain, I inevitably lose a solid handful of followers.
I often shy away from using the word "follower" to refer to folks who read and engage with my posts. Sure, you physically tapped a button that says "Follow" to be with me on this journey, but the *many* of you are beyond that. You aren't here to simply follow along in a zombie-like, zoned out state.
You're awake, engaged, self-reflective, and introspective. You know that when I say something that cuts a little bit, that it not only isn't personally directed at you (it's likely I don't even know you for that to be possible), but it also is intended to fire up something within you at the same time.
If something I say upsets you, hang out for a minute and reflect on whether or not it's an intended cut, or something else entirely.
Most often, I find that when I am direct and encourage you to discover ways to resolve your problems or answer questions on your own - with little help from me - folks react one of two ways:
1) appalled that I won't "just answer the question" and want to storm off in a huff of entitled rage (on the internet), or 2) with a realization that they do, in fact, hold the power (that they were trying to give to me) literally between their thumbs or at their fingertips.
I believe you are all extremely capable and empowered - even if you don't believe it - and I am here to hand you back that power, day after day.
I'm here to guide and support, but not to tell you what you should do. That may upset a few of you, but I know in my heart that it will inspire many more of you. ❤
- kiana.edmundsLove how you keep it real! Thank you! 😘
- crissymabreyAwwww one of my faves!!! Bless you! Thank you 💛
- jehawnYes! 🙌 you are definitely one of my favorite inspirational women for your authenticity, wealth of knowledge, creativity and direct honesty.
- naomijnakamuraI've learned that when I have a strong, almost offensive reaction to a message, it's usually one that I really need to hear. I for one, appreciate honesty and directness, it encourages freedom.
- kris10gardnerThis is why I love reading your posts. ❤
- realfood.renegadeI always appreciate your wisdom and forthrightness---it's that old "teach a man to fish" lesson in another incarnation. I too hope to motivate people to reclaim autonomy in their health care, empower themselves with knowledge and seize the reigns to their destinies instead of looking for a guru that holds all the insights. Thanks Diane! 🙌
- happyjoyousfreeone@maida824 I am very familiar with that axiom 😊
- stina092love love love ❤️
- heyitsrxandreaSee, when I first started following you years ago on twitter you helped me understand how to help myself as well as answering my questions about this whole new paleo lifestyle. I sincerely appreciated that direct communication you always gave. And I absolutely love how direct you are now, as everything about your books, recipes, favorites, podcast, etc has evolved over the years. And thought you don't want to be called a guru, you're still that person to me, even if that guru is just directing me to make better decisions for myself! Thanks for all that you do, because I don't think I've said it enough!
- dianesanfilippo@heyitsrxandrea and remember when I accidentally blocked you on periscope?! 🤣
- heyitsrxandreaHaha yes! Hence the name change, more advice I took from the non-guru...😉😂
- dianesanfilippo@heyitsrxandrea 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
- steph_johnson87Sometimes I wonder if I Google so much that I miss out on conversation in comment sections on posts, but sometimes I read the thread and decide it's best to stay out of it 🙈 Personal responsibility is hugely (bigly? 😉) lacking and the way you hold people accountable is graceful and direct and it's always way better than I could think to say anything. Thank you for loving yourself enough to have confidence and boundaries and for loving us enough to not put up with bullish!t. You seriously rock.
- eatingwholewithjessHey Miss Direct.... I know I'm late to the game with Periscope, but are you not scoping anymore?
- dianesanfilippo@eatingwholewithjess haven't been in ages. I go live here on IG similarly from time to time or on FB with some... and am vlogging weekly now on YouTube!
- beautifulfoodsbyhannahThat's what I love about you @dianesanfilippo! You're here to help us help ourselves!
Log in to like or comment.