keminekvapilLast night I did not want to. This would be my 4th marathon distance and although physically ready, emotionally I was not ready. There has been a lot to manage the last few weeks and I felt like I just wanted to have a sleep in and harvest tomatoes today.
So last night I got some priceless and compassionate coaching from @samanthagash she said "Your goal tomorrow is to show up. Just turn up at the start line."
This morning I turned up with my family in tow for support. My daughter said " Mummy we want to support you. Support is one of our family values this year." She is right.
To run 42.2km in 32 degrees is not easy.
I got to the last aid station thinking I had 8.5km to go but I had 2.5km to go. I could not believe it! I said to the volunteers "But so many of the people that passed me at the start are behind me, I thought I had another loop to do. "No he said, you can obviously pace yourself well and you can handle the heat. You are well ahead of the others.
That blew me away, even though I always run my own race, it blew me away.
Today I beat my personal marathon time by 21 minutes!! I am getting older and faster! .
Lessons I was reminded of today:
1. Show up - You never know what might happen.
2. A little dance when things get tough always helps.
3. Call on your people. The ones that believe when you don't.
Thank you @mathieudorerun for getting me this far. Now for the big one!
Tomorrow I will have a sleep in and harvest tomatoes. 🙏🏿
- kalila_bearInspirational !!!!
- citizencacaoCongrats Wonder Woman - what a day!
- rigbetteThe greatest post anyone could read today. Well done! Incredibly inspirational 😍
- miamuse_officialAmazing Kemi! I love this. 💃🏿
- jolippold@keminekvapil you are a phenomenal woman, phenomenally. X⚡️⚡️⚡️🚀X
- conscience_collectiveCongratulations Kemi x
- thestoryofvintageLove the lessons - esp #1. And congrats of the personal best.
- sharonvandermeerYou are incredible!
- jacqsonsquare#super⭐️ 👏🏼😘
- debra_ojumuCongratulations. You are an inspiration and I am SO proud of you 💕
- uneventrailYou are awesome!
- kymearseWow congratulations, talking the talk are definitely walking the walk too or should I say running the run 🏆
- marissa_You are amazing 💛
- kate.bellevilleI adore your passion, go girl x
- travelplaylivemagazineWoohoo @keminekvapil that's awesome! Amazing what we can do just showing up 😉🙌🏼
- smallleathergoodLove the fact you're sitting on the 1st Podium. I'd say you came first that day.♥️
- dmtalbotYESSSSSSSS! 🙌 Go Kemi!!!!! What a force to be reckoned with 💪👏👏👏 Congratulations and job well done 😘
- kingidollWonderful message and well done ❤
- scotty_mcgrawWell done to you! 👍Big heart 💚
Log in to like or comment.