quitwiningLate night mocktailing. Just me and my increasingly fabulous insomnia. Even at 773 days sober, I still struggle with not being able to turn off my thoughts. Sometimes I just can't naturally shut down. What's your favorite way to decompress at night? I'd really love to reset my body clock and get to bed around 10 p.m. most days. 🥛🍪
#insomnia #mocktail #milkandcookies #sobermom #soberlife #sober #sobriety #addiction #recovery #alcoholfree #recover #teetotaler #teetotal #wedorecover #hope #strength #love #inspire #inspiration #courage #liveyourtruth #quitwining #authentic #empower
- jenwoosgayI like kava tea and natural calm. Lavender oils.
- soberlove_I second the Natural Calm drink (u can find it on Amazon) that always helps me chill out and fall asleep of my thoughts are racing at bedtime. Kava tea is awesome too!
- hello_its_michelle_😍😍😍I do the Calm as well some nights. Be careful if you drink too much, you will be in the bathroom. Sorry. It's magnesium. But it does help. I also scroll through Pinterest. That gets me sleepy.
- bigheadsrevengeGood Stuff!
- mind_body_glowHow about listening to a relaxation app? I use the ones by @withandrewjohnson and a Yoga Nidra one... xx
- liveitsober2017I like to set up my room, not warm at all...I have a window open all year (I'm in the uk) I like to make sure I've not been watching anything too emotionally charged on tv for a few hours before bed and try not to scroll through my phone as the blue light isn't sleep inducing, my tummy isn't full but I'm not hungry, I like to diffuse black pepper and geranium and I find Clipper Snore and Peace tea is good (not sure if you can get it there) it's chamomile and lemon balm. Magnesium flakes or sprays are brilliant...you can use the flakes as a foot bath. Really relaxing. I like to listen to audible or a sleep meditation and have soft sleep headphones which don't interrupt sleep. So as you can see I do quite a bit haha! I have suffered badly with insomnia in the past. Xx
- sondra_unruffledMagnesium at night. Life changer for me. And it makes you 💩 (which is a bonus in my book 😂).
- jlownikHave you tried the DōTERRA serenity soft gels and oil? I swear by them and guided meditation for sleep. Good luck!
- quitwining@liveitsober2017 Thank you! I am interested in the headphones. My husband is a heavy snorer and I often dread even getting into bed on his bad nights. What kind are they?
- quitwining@jlownik Oooh, I haven't. I've just started dabbling in oils. Our friend Pamella got me started. I will have to talk with her more about the gels. Thank you. What guided meditation do you use?
- quitwining@mind_body_glow I will check that out!
- quitwining@hello_its_michelle_ Thanks!
- liveitsober2017I use cheap ones from eBay, (you can get expensive ones!) just search fleece sleep earphones...they are like a band so are super comfy!
- ktgirl123Have you tried meditating?
- jlownik@quitwining Meditation for sleep I do yoga nidra. If u google yoga nidra podcasts tons will come up. They are wonderful!!
Log in to like or comment.