martinsmithtvI saw this picture today of my friend @joevolk playing drums in the Phillipines.
If you could see the shot from the other side you'd see his lovely face...ha!
Yes he is one of the best drummers in the world but more importantly he is kind, faithful, passionate and a friend to my kids.
A lot of younger musicians will see this photo and dream of doing the same.
For Joe, it's not happened over night. It is the culmination of years of being happy to play small gigs, serving someone else's vision, 18 hour Sundays, replacing sticks and heads out of his own pocket, being generous to his friends, and working very very very hard at his craft and technique.
There are a million ways you can hit a snare drum but when Joe strikes it the mountains tremble.
- lemonlimebearJeez! 👏👏
- jantzenmcI agree @joevolk and what a sweet compliment from @martinsmithtv
- reuby_doo🙌🏼👊🏻🔥 Awesome!!
- adila.thays👌👌👌👌👌👌 @joevolk
- amymiller.designLove this @joevolk !! 💥
- billy_busterSo many just don't know. Thanks for sharing this @martinsmithtv
- gabrielwilsonwell said @martinsmithtv :)
- sheilabaldwinYES ❤️❤️
- charliejoe222From Jenny...with this post, I must certainly concur! He's a treasure! He had a gift from a very young age. I think he might have been 8 years old when we first heard him play....and we just knew. So proud of how far he's come, the places he's been, and the company he's kept in the midst of it all! God gives good gifts to His children....and Joe, you are a gift to the body of Christ! 🙌🏻🥁🌎
- alextsvorWhat an amazing post! So true 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
- nwsmithThis is incredible!!!! @joevolk How awesome is this from Uncle Mart?! @scottyvolk Unreal!
- myriahgrubbsGosh @joevolk that's a pretty great compliment!!!!!
- dustinlaumusicSo good. Thank you @martinsmithtv
- ratty86HISTORY MAKER!!!!
Log in to like or comment.