thestreettreeWhat a good year for Mimosa (Acacia dealbata) 2017 has been? The spectacular yellow flowers have shone this year on trees around London. Most trees are in gardens but there are a few street trees in Pimlico (like this one), Mayfair and Stoke Newington. It would be great to see some more street trees - an avenue of these would be amazing!
- domlinkyle@thestreettree lovely trees it's been mild so far dreading any late frosts
- thestreettree@domlinkyle fingers crossed!
- daily.shot.of.greenI agree, an avenue would be a sight!
- treesoflaBeautiful! Wish I had a yard. I'd plant one of these
- firstname.lastname@example.org the real Acacia Avenue!
- thestreettree@treesofla so would I
- daily.shot.of.green@thestreettree love this idea!
- sobeyharkerneed more insta profiles like this one.
- hold_your_chopsOh yes, would love to see that
- kesbydesignGreat visual street tree and easily pruned and maintained. Perhaps just too fast growing for councils to bear the cost?
- markminshAmazing 😃👍
- thestreettree@kesbydesign a short street experiment is called for
- lizixerWe have a beautiful one in N4 on the ladder by the school.
- bredesrochers@traceydesrochers I 💛💛 this tree!
- slowplants@thestreettree that looks like A. decurrens
- thestreettree@slowplants interesting- according to Wikipedia 'Some authorities consider A. dealbata to be a variant of Acacia decurrens.'
- thestreettree@lizixer noticed a few near schools
- kesbydesign@thestreettree good idea
- traceydesrochers@bredesrochers I know! So pretty! Too bad it would never survive our freezing cold Manitoba winters!
- kcab2backI love this tree
Log in to like or comment.