meloutsidethekitchenI decided to reread Jane Eyre after watching the BBC movie (see last post). It's been at least 15 years since I've read it. The boys' all day wrestling tournament seemed like a good place to start. Brian has to keep whistling at me to get my attention when the boys wrestle. Oops. If you are familiar with wrestling tournaments, Jane Eyre (hard copy, no less) makes me stick out like a sore thumb, but that's ok. I'm the mom on the side of the mat yelling "rip his arms off" to my boys because I'm still learning all the technical ropes of wrestling, so to speak. So I already get lots of side eyes. #halfnelson #whatsthat #meandjaneeyrewillbeuphereinthebleachersifyouneedus #wrestlingmom #melreads #janeeyre
- kresta.shayI need to watch and read!!
- thoroughlyhereGood idea. I have t read that since 2008. I'm rereading the Anne series, almost finished with Rilla and finding it very applicable to 2017.
- lizaluvstyHa ha! This cracked me up! Skinny boys in singlets and a good book, sounds like a normal "mom" Saturday. 😉
- shelbylsmithLove Jane Eyre!! It's been a while but it's great. So far I'm 2/2 on your recent book posts. Keep them coming!!
- sympatichnaI've never read Jane Eyre, but it's on my TBR list for 2017!
- meloutsidethekitchen@lizaluvsty 😂😂 #skinnyboysinsinglets
- dallanderinThis is kinda embarrassing to admit but I was a stat girl for the wrestling team my senior year in high school 😂 it was the most fun thing I ever did in hs! I never really cared for the sport until then. Those boys have to work so hard!
- heatherkmillerI consider myself an avid, well-read human and yet I've never read Jane Eyre!
- meloutsidethekitchen@dallanderin not embarrassing at all! My husband wrestled in college so it was inevitable a few of my boys would wrestle. I love watching them...just still don't understand much of the sport. Maybe because I'm always reading in between matches! 😬 it's definitely intense (the wrestling, not Jane Eyre). 😉
- janabananagirlLove that book! I first read and fell in love with Jane and Mr. Rochester when I was 14, and their story still makes me swoon 20 years later.
- jander851sonHave you heard that PBS is airing the story about the Brontë sisters, March 26? Jane Eyre=favorite book in the universe.
- briana.weirA favorite!
- subwayjillI love Jane Eyre...I reread it every couple years!
- teri1147Love, love, LOVE that book!!
- ruthannlingwallOne of my favorite books!
- karenlusbylewisJane rocks. The whole book...👌🏻
- meloutsidethekitchen@jander851son no! I'm excited about that...
- meloutsidethekitchen@lizaluvsty also, were you at Costco at approximately 4:30 pm on Saturday (yesterday)? I thought I saw you but because we've only met once, I didn't want to be a total weirdo and ask. If it was you, a) I was two people behind you in line, b) my kid was the one holding hot dogs on his head, and 3) you have cute hair. If it wasn't you, than ignore this message and carry on.
- lizaluvstyOh my goodness!! Yes, it was me. Thank you about the hair, that's sweet. Seriously we could be best friends 😉 trying the rustic crusty bread today. Please say hi if it happens again! How fun 😀ps... I have three boys and two little women... hotdogs on heads sounds pretty normal!
- lindsaymhaleHey, you started another insta! I have many good regency era book ideas if you need them. I take mine to all day volleyball tournaments....
Log in to like or comment.