aintilatinaIt hit me: No one speaks Garifuna.
Ida biña? (How are you?) Webuga! (Let’s go!) Belú. (Come in.) Buiti Binafi. (Good Morning.) Numada. (My friend.) Words and phrases I heard my parents speak were unheard of.
It's Garifuna-American Heritage Month and our founder Janel Martinez shares her experience growing up as a Garifuna-American.
Hit the link in the bio to read.
- janelm@itneedstobefab Happy Garifuna Heritage Month, querida!!! Thank you for reading -- a lot of us have similar stories. Would love to hear yours as well 💛 ⚪⚫
- newnormsOh how I love my culture @ayanasanch
- iamhealthyfitI make it my job to talk to my family in Garifuna. I also have a Garifuna bible that is try to read consistently. I need to get better at it. I am going to be dancing Punta all month long a D sharing videos on my page. Music is a great way of staying connected to the language. Thank you for sharing!
- aintilatina@iamhealthyfit So important! Thank you for sharing as well! :) Also, please tag us/let us know when your videos are live so we can share.
- cultivatelove15I was just jamming to Punta this week. Somos vecinos. BTW, I plan to be taking several trips to NY starting late April, not sure where you're at, but once I re-launch blog and get my life together let's connect lol 😉 @aintilatina
- eclecticmixxLoved this! 💜💜💜💜
- aintilatina@cultivatelove15 Let us know when you're in NYC 😊
- aintilatina@eclecticmixx Gracias! ❤❤❤
- four_eyed_lensThis is one of my fav #AintILatina posts! Appreciate you sharing this mejor Numada. 😊
- four_eyed_lensP.S. Happy Garifuna-American Heritage Month to you and la familia.
- janelm@four_eyed_lens Awww, you used it perfectly too my dear numada!!! ❤😊
- getsavageLove it
- calebaaronburnsLove your page! Keep making great content 😄💯
- latpro_comThis is nice :)
- theconsciouschick😍 Adorable.
Log in to like or comment.