learninginhandThe SlideShot extension for Google Chrome by Alice Keeler saves a screenshot of every minute after you click Start. Screenshots are taken of the Chrome tab that’s open at the time of the screenshot. SlideShot is great for web tools, but won’t take screenshots in other apps like Keynote, Microsoft Word, and Minecraft. After clicking Finish, SlideShot takes a moment to create and open a new Google Slides presentation. One screenshot is placed on each slide, and the screenshots are saved into a Google Drive folder named SlideShot. The screenshots are scaled so that space remains for adding notes. Drawing tools within Google Slides can be used to annotate the image. SlideShot is a great way to show progress, review iterations of a project, and reflect on the process of writing or creating.
- learninginhandInstall SlideShot by searching for it in the Chrome Web Store. It’s free!
- learninginhandThe Google Slides presentation generated by SlideShot can be easily edited to remove unneeded and redundant screenshots.
- learninginhandPerhaps you’d like a screenshot taken at a specific moment. Instead of waiting for the next automatic screenshot to occur, you can click the SlideShot icon and choose Manual Capture.
- learninginhandIf students are using Google apps, it’s probably no big deal that SlideShot only works in Chrome. There probably would be no need to take screenshots outside of the browser.
- learninginhandIf you are having a hard time finding the SlideShot folder in your Google Drive, sort your Drive files by Last Modified.
- learninginhandAlice notes in the extension’s description: “Google Classroom users: Students can choose ‘Add’ to add the Slides presentation from Google Drive to their assignment.”
- learninginhand#googleEdu #gsuiteEdu #gsuited #teachersofinstagram #iteachtoo #iteach #edtech #googlechrome #chromeextension #googleclassroom
- learninginhandThankfully, a message appears in Chrome every time a screenshot is taken—the message can serve as a reminder that SlideShot is still going. (I’ve forgotten to click Finish and this message is the only indicated that SlideShow is still active).
- erintegrationCould this be used to create tutorials?
- learninginhand@erintegration I think so. Tutorials would probably use the manual option so that important steps are captured.
Log in to like or comment.