healthyeating_joHealthy low fat Peanut Butter Choc Chip Muffin Bars 🥜🍫 (recipe below)
I'm always on the look out for lower fat, refined sugar free, snacks in my life. These bars fit the bill perfectly, topped with a Choc stevia icing 😍 I used @natvianaturalsweetener Stevia to reduce the sugar to just 1 gram per bar. I used powdered peanut butter instead of normal. As a guide for the whole 12 muffins the peanut flour has 8g fat, whereas 1 cup of 100% peanut butter would have 156g fat!! 😱 So it's a good alternative 💜 Healthy snack for 90 cals ✅ 🥜🍫
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Muffin Bars
1/2 cup Granulated stevia @natvianaturalsweetener
1/2 cup powdered peanut butter mixed with 3/4 cup water (OR 1 cup peanut butter)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup / 100g wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp bicarbonate / baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
50 ml almond milk (more as required)
1/8 cup cacao nibs or Choc chips
Blend the dry ingredients (except cacao nibs) in a blender for 5 seconds.
Place in a mixing bowl with half the cacao nibs
Mix wet ingredients together and add to dry ingredients
Mix together, adding more almond milk as required until a thick batter
Spoon into 12 muffin cases or 1 square baking tin
Sprinkle with remaining cacao nibs
Bake for 12-15 mins at 160C fan forced (180C/350F)
Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin
4 Tbsp stevia icing mix @natvianaturalsweetener
2 tsp cacao
Water to desired consistency
Mix well and pipe or spread over muffins
- ailingall19@rioghnachnicd93 @mariaadawg
- rioghnachnicd93@ailingall19 Looking forward to these for our next local studies 👍🏻
- ailingall19@mariaadawg these are for Maria 😜
- greensmoothiegourmetChocolate chip muffin bars look amazing!❤❤❤
- frauleinwhitneyThese look incredible
- nourishmemumWhat! Chocolate chip muffin bar!!! 😱😱😱Jo! Sooo good!
- trish_functional@healthyeating_jo do you think a different flour would work? Coconut or almond flour?
- healthyeating_jo@trish_functional yes for sure you can use different flour. Coconut flour is very different and requires vastly different quantities and liquids. But almond flour is fine 💜
- trish_functional@healthyeating_jo awesome! Almond flour it is!
- famtotableLove 😍
- milenalevaiYumm 😊
- sketchylookinganimalsSome real nice photos here!
- conniekyleung@healthyeating_jo Can I sub it for GF Flour?
- healthyeating_jo@conniekyleung yes of course. That will work fine 👍
- conniekyleung@healthyeating_jo Yays! Thank you! Will give it a shot 😊
Log in to like or comment.