yogamarisThis week I was feeling remarkably unlucky when in the middle of finals, both my laptop and my computer broke. This past quarter, in fact, has been filled with set-backs and hurdles that left me wondering if I'd completely lost any "luck" that I had.
For Christmas, @ryan.stickney folded me a thousand paper cranes, which is supposed to give the receiver good luck. I asked him why it wasn't working, but as soon as I asked, I realized how silly that was.
Because the truth is, I AM lucky. I live in one of the most beautiful places in California. I get to go to school and meet interesting, wonderful people. I have yoga to carry me through it all. My best friend is able to come visit me and explore beaches and forests and everything in between by my side.
My whole life is lucky. There are so many people and opportunities that came into my life purely by happenstance to make it what it is today. That made ME who I am today. What feels like bad luck now will likely become the things I fondly look back on and understand how they fit into this puzzle that is life: when things are falling apart, they're usually falling into place. It's just hard to see at the time.
So happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world. Or better yet, that you find gratitude for the luck you already have.
#stpatricksday #luck #clovers #santacruz
- ryan.stickneyI'm the lucky one 🍀
- myberkeleykitchenMaris you are truly wise beyond your years- I hope you know this! And I love your quote "when things are falling apart, they're usually falling into place" 💚☘️💚
- firstname.lastname@example.org ❤❤❤
- yogamaris@myberkeleykitchen Thank you so much. Much love to you. ❤❤❤
- kevinparismusicSo spot on in your description, and feeling for you in the moments of frustration. It'll all make sense and come together more beautifully that we could ever imagine ☀
- yogamaris@kevinparismusic Much love, friend. 🙏🏼❤
Log in to like or comment.