aiplifestyleMy twin sister today meeting with Dr. Joe Smith in Fairfax, CA. Many of you know my identical twin has Hashimoto's and Celiac. She found out 6 years ago. When AIP didn't exist. She lived in San Francisco at the time and had access to the 'best of the best' alternative doctors at her fingertips. Or so she thought. She went to a famous alt med D.O. in Marin who she had to ask to test her thyroid to find out she had Hashimoto's but that doctor suggested chelation, adrenal support and not much else. Then she went to a famous Marin author/MD who put her on an elimination diet and progesterone cream. Both those things helped. But only for a short while because no one truly connected the dots. Then she went to a energy healer who put her on thyroid support because the progesterone cream messed her up so badly. Then she found a funct med chiro that worked on her gut + liver and told her to go Paleo. That was the most dramatic healing jump she took. From that point we discovered AIP and she started that. That was around the time I started my website AIP Lifestyle. We seriously thought AIP would be a massive remedy (note: it wasn't but it took 3 years to discover that fact) Her antibodies dropped by half though, and her thyroid somewhat normalized. She did that for 2 full years. But a job change + move to Colorado added to her overall stress and over time she worsened, even on AIP. Her energy and fatigue were better, but skin and hormone issues worsened. Inflammation slowly crept back. She noticed that more and more AIP-approved foods seemed to flare her. She found out she has chronic reoccurring EBV. She got IV vitamins and antioxidants weekly for the EBV. It helped a little. But not much. Today she opened a new chapter when we discovered her small intestine is affecting her brain (and brain affecting gut) and the left/right sides of her brain are not balanced. After one hour of brain strengthening and diagnosing, there was massive improvement in her brain scores. Next step: gut testing, gut permeability testing, food sensitivity. I'm so proud of her willingness to keep going. 6 years, 6 doctors and 4 'diets' later...still discovering what is true for her. I'm so proud!!
- fishervilles_finestLook into taking neem for EBV i too have hashimoto lupus and dermatomyositis and i think its all linked to EBV ive been taking neem tincture for a few months seems to be helping
- email@example.com @aiplifestyle I would be interested to know this as well.
- innercuratorGreat to hear about others journeys. So important not to give up! Never give up! I was diagnosed as celiac and thyroid (hashis) at 17, what a journey so far.
- zucchiniandcarrots@sarahjaynerurka I was going to ask this as well!
- danddbarnesWhat is your feeling on the AIP diet now?
- aiplifestyle@brancake yes I read it
- aiplifestyle@brancake she tried it. Which was just diet and supplements. It didn't work on brain, which she had an issue she wasn't aware of that now she is addressing
- aiplifestyle@drkullman that is awesome that you saw him and liked him!!! ❤💕
- aiplifestyle@nickysgreeneyez thank you ❤💕
- aiplifestyle@thenshehealed She doesn't have Lyme 🙏🏻💖💖
- aiplifestyle@danddbarnes I see it now as a style of eating that is individual to each person to support their journey. 90% of my clients have been on it for a year or more and aren't seeing improvements they hoped. I am more discerning about people going on a strict elimination diet out of the gate now because many go on it without looking at all factors and that can affect the immune system long term. And as a clinician, if I did the same thing as I did 4 years ago when AIP started then I would not be growing. I do not believe in yes/no lists, I believe in individual findings. Practically however I get that if someone is lacking resources to do anything else, that something is better than nothing for example. From a spiritual perspective, anything that we try to 'fix' won't work and AIP can easily fall into a fix-it diet even under the guise of such wording like 'lifestyle' and 'nutrient dense' and lastly, like ALL diets it will have its moment and everyone will move into the next big thing. My orientation is service to the Loving which keeps me present and loving. There, I am dedicated to the relationship my clients have with their issue. Not the issue. Not the diet. Hope that helps a bit to explain. Thank you for asking xx
- cottagejournalWow. This is so fascinating. My Mom and I have both been on AIP for about two years and it's definitely true that it hasn't solved everything. Especially for my Mom, she still has lingering brain and skin issues. I've urged her to seek help with a functional practitioner to truly discover what her underlying causes are - diet is not the only thing going on because she eats really well. When you're really sick, you so desperately want to choose this healing diet, run with it and have it solve all of your problems. And I'm not knocking AIP - quite the opposite because I've been able to function a fairly normal life since starting it. It's helped bring me back from a really low point in my life. But two years in, I'm seeing that it's not the only component, that the body is SO much more complicated than what we think at first glance. Please keep sharing your twin's story. This really has me thinking 🤔
- cottagejournalAnd the best of luck to her! 💕
- _auntie_mWow ! Thank you for sharing that . Very interesting to read . Wish her all the best ... hoping all continues to get better !
- lauradex@aiplifestyle thank you for sharing! Like all of people are saying, this is very similar to my story (hashimotos/celiac/leaky gut/brain, EBV, but my EBV isn't nearly as bad. I just did gut permeability and food sensitivity/reactive testing. Had to cut out @50 different foods about 3 months ago. I am still struggling quite a bit even with all of the changes and the 14 daily supplements I take. It can be discouraging at times but it's stories like these that make me feel less alone and encouraged by how hard everyone is fighting for their healing! Please continue to share your sisters story as I'm sure any of us that suffer from these things would love to hear any insights found along the healing path! Love and light to you and your sister! 🙏🏻💖
- ogltDear ladies,
- ogltThank you for sharing. Last week I was diagnosed with leaky gut celiac's disease thyroid diseases ADD I have startedjuicing for breakfast and lunch daily . I do not snack on any food and have a light salad with a squeeze of lemon and organic Olive oil a
- organic_olivia@_ninaaap EBV + thyroid!🙏🏽 #ontherighttrack
- kecnewman@easypeasyaip Epstein Barr virus
- kecnewmanThank you. Sometimes it feels lonely out here trying to find your way. This is very interesting and informative. How very helpful.
Log in to like or comment.